US$355
DW Motel(Koror)(Great Value!)
US$70
US$64
Priceline
Palau Plantation Resort(Koror)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Pool
US$48
US$290
US$192
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$271/night.

US$146
All reviewsfree shuttlewater park is niceshuttle downtownbig poolrestaurant menustayed for nightsbreakfast was includedasian guestsbalconypalautourscarvingsdive
Reviewed 23 March 2012

Airai provided excellent service with Friendly staff. In here, you can relax fully and enjoy the amazing nature. The nature without pollution is so wonderful and impressive, and let you want to get far away the city. I will come back soon.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank WeiTing1226
Reviewed 20 December 2011

Hello All,

I thought I would post on this site a warning about the Airai Water Paradise Hotel & Spa.

DO NOT do business with this hotel.

Not only had I previously read reports here on this blog about the awful disarray of the place, and saw images of a run down resort, but I have personally experienced bad business and a less than scrupulous management situation running this hotel.

I booked this hotel for Xmas and New Years. After being wait listed on all the hotel wait lists in Palau, I received word from Yi at the Airai Resort that a room had come available. We accepted the room.

$620.00 for 4 nights.

We were told "we don't except credit cards"- only wired money. Ok. So, I am coming on assignment as a journalist with a major US Newspaper, I am working with Palau tourism, and trusted that we would be "Ok" wiring the funds.

NOTE: Never wire funds to anyone- ONLY use a credit card. If an establishment won't accept one- find another place. This means they are sketchy! (my point proven below).

I had a bad fall and contacted the hotel directly to inquire about canceling. Never heard back. E-mailed again, we were canceling and wondered how to get our monies back. Never heard back.

They seemed available and communicative when booking, now they disappear when we need to cancel.

After 3 e-mails and no contact from the Airai, I finally contacted my US tourism contact to let her know the issues at hand.

She also notified the local Palau tourism people, who magically got a hold of Yi. I was told via tourism that Yi would go to her "accounting" dept. to see about refunding partial payment.

Note: we canceled Dec. 10th. Palau hotels have a 3-14 day cancel policy holiday or no holiday.

We are now told today- via an e-mail from Yi, that we will NOT be getting a refund. Now, we know there is a wait list (we were on it!), and in the letter back- Yi admits that they are in touch with other travelers and travel agents. So, we can bet that the room would not be available if we were to end up showing up for our room.

I'm warning you about this hotel, who A. -does not seem to take credit card bookings, and only wire transfers to pay for rooms.

B. I'm a journalist with the power of the pen to get this news out there, and with tourism on my side. And, this is still happening, even with them knowing I will be writing about this experience about them in my story for a major US newspaper.

SO! With this information, and the other posts talking about how awful the place is...

Be warned. Find another place to stay in Palau which values tourism dollars, and are straight up in their business practices.

Room Tip: DO NOT do business with the Airai Hotel, period.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
7  Thank GlobalJournalist
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We booked this hotel for 28 nights online via Orbitz - which showed quiete lovely rooms and amenities on their homepage. Orbitz immediately charged 3313 USD in advance and when we arrived there on august 4th 2011 we where quiete shocked. Our room was quiete lousy and so was the overall condition of this hotel - look at our pics under http://60037.webhosting22.1blu.de/airai/airai_batch/index.html
Rotten and filthy pool area ( no guests ever swam in the unhygenic water ), old hotel building which is cheaply renovated by the taiwanese owner.TV only with chinese/korean TV programms.The hotel lobby was equipped with junkyard furniture.Far away from downtown Koror (about 10 KM), where all the diving schools / restaurants/shops/banks are located - a Rent a car is almost mandatory.You are in the middle of nowhere! On first sight cheerful staff - they always smiled and always had a hello on their lips - but when it came down to fulfill a request which involved a little work their reaction was not so cheerful anymore. Breakfast was not so bad - but when you came in after the taiwanese groups had their breakfast you mostly found empty plates. We never tried lunch or dinner - you probably better go to Koror. We instantly complained about this hotel at Orbitz - they asked us to contact the Orbitz telefone hotline . Thats what we did and we were put off many times by their emails after our initial complaint. A Orbitz supervisor decision was promised but never came in - so we decided to leave this lousy hotel after 17 nights. We requested a refund but all we heard from Orbitz is silence ! 95% taiwanese guests! We wonder about any positve feedbacks on this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
10  Thank Gia S
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Just as other people have commented this hotel mainly caters to Asian clientele. They cater to them in terms of the breakfast and television stations. (As I recall they did have BBC certain times of the day) I was okay with this because although both of us are American my wife is of Taiwanese descent; we were used to the food that they served but other Westerners may have a problem with this.

The Positives:
-Fantastic service (All of the staff went out of their way to help us during our stay and even helped us when we missed our plane)
-Free Wifi in the Lobby
-The free breakfast buffet was actually pretty decent.
-Our honeymoon suite was clean and the bathtub was huge.
-The interior of the hotel had great wood sculptures.

Negatives:
-The pool did not look clean and they let the local kids play in it. The slide looked fun but I wasn't going in a pool that looked non-chlorinated that kids were no doubt peeing in. (Sorry to be harsh but kids pee in pools)
-No elevator, so if you are staying in one of the nice suites which are located on the fourth story it is a exhausting walk up every time. (Or good exercise depending on how you look at it)
-The outside of the hotel looks very worn.
-It is on the other side of Koror away from most of the dive shops and restaurants. (This means it is about 15 minutes from everything; not really that far but the taxis always seemed to roll there eyes when we told them where we were staying)

Overall this is a three star quality place which is not bad if you are on a budget.
I hope that helps and happy travels.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank SonicDeathMonkey72
Reviewed 3 August 2011

First, this hotel caters to guests from Taiwan (the manager is from Taiwan). There were no English channels on the TV and no English magazines at the spa. I was the only Western person at the hotel and as such I felt like every member of the staff knew who I was, which room I was in, and knew my whereabouts, which is a little bit creepy. I was traveling solo yet was put in the honeymoon suite, which when not in use is used for spa treatments I hear. There is no deadbolt/chain on the door and there was a gap between the bottom of the door and the floor so I could hear easily hear guests walking by and talking. The hallway was exposed to the outside, so any little critters could've come under my door, too. The room and bathroom were huge. The bathroom looks like it has been remodeled in the past few years. There were ants in the bathroom, which I have seen before in tropical climates. The room itself was big, but worn and dated overall. There was a safe, desk, mini-fridge, TV (no English channels), wall A/C unit, wardrobe, loveseat (with grubby sofa cover on it - I dare not look under the cover!). The drapes and bed canopy were old and grimey. The bed was hard/firm. On the wall just above the bed (headboard) was a shoe print and a big brown smudge. Someone must have used their shoe to kill something and didn't bother cleaning up! Overall the room was clean though, just very dated and grubby. The bar at the pool looks like it hasn't been used in years. There is a large pool, waterslides, and a beach/pool but I saw about 3 people use it the whole time I was there. This hotel looks like it could've been a great resort many years ago, but it is now run down and in need or repair and remodeling. The restaurant was OK - Western and Asian fare for breakfast and was halfway full for dinner. The hotel is about 15 mins from the downtown area, but a shuttle bus will take you roundtrip for $5 and they were flexible on the times, which was great. They also offer airport pickup/drop off service which I appreciated. On a positive note, the staff was excellent. They were very friendly and did a great job answering my many questions and helped set-up spa services, a rental car, and a snorkeling tour. The spa service was great, too. A good price and I felt relaxed and enjoyed my treaments. I did "crash" Palau Pacific Resort (the luxory resort) for an afternoon and it was much more of what I was expecting....private beach with chairs, snorkeling/dive services available, nice pool with functional bar, updated restaurant with good food, looked more modern overall. If I were to return to Palau I'd stay here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo