Seaview Lodge(Nuku'alofa)
US$90
Simon's Place(Nuku'alofa)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$58
Noa Guest House(Nuku'alofa)(Great Value!)
US$27
  • Free Internet
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$36/night.

Olini Lodge(Nuku'alofa)(Great Value!)
US$42
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscafe expresstea coffee bottled waterair conditioned and comfortablefriends cafethe staff were extremely helpfulwould definitely stay here againcafestownaustralia
Reviewed 17 September 2017

At the end of August, I stayed here with my daughter for an overnight stay only (thank heavens) before flying to Vava'u the following morning.

I have written many many reviews on Tripadvisor and this is the first negative one I have written. And, I am basing it on one thing only - the safety of this hotel if there was a fire. I am not going to go into the rooms or location or etc., but purely on what happened to us on trying to leave the hotel in the morning.

We had a 7.00am pick up from the hotel and we could not get out of the property for at least 15 minutes. Each door in the downstairs area was not only locked, but pad locked! Even out transport was trying to get in and calling the hotel/reception area - no answer.

When I when back upstairs to seek assistance, the entire office was also pad locked. At this stage we were panicking. Not about out transfer, but what would happen if there was a fire or if there was one that night. Can you imagine the chaos.

My daughter eventually found a fire escape, which was also pad locked. Thankfully they had not pad locked this door properly, so we were able to get out. It was such a dreadful feeling and I could not stop thinking of what could have happened in the middle of the night if everyone needed to get out quickly.

And it is for this reason, I would advise that you do not choose this hotel to stay at.

Regards,
Cherie
Sydney, Australia

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2017

If not for the staff, I would have left immediately. Especially Helen the Housekeeper, who solved every issue and who without I would have had a very disappointing experience. The lovely ladies at reception were friendly too, but it is Helen who had all-round experience and a can-do customer service focus. The hotel is central but under construction and in great need of repair, except for bathroom fixtures (new) and furniture. The web ad states: 4-star (not), cable (no), massage (no more), restaurant (closed), so the description really needs an update. I would love to see this stately old building once it is refurbished, and with a few more Helens on staff.

Room Tip: Ask for your balcony to face the Royal Tombs, it is right across the street.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2016 via mobile

The hotel is very sad and tired, lots of little refurbishment work in progress but not much activity. I booked the Loumaile as it is very central, close to where I needed to be for work and walkable to the sea. I had read some of the reviews written over six months ago, that said it was in need of repair and some work was happening. I assumed that the work would be finished by now. Wrong!
I also chose this hotel as it had a restaurant. The food is very poor, the coffee machine was out of order at breakfast, continental breakfast is a plate with 3 pieces of fruit and two slices of cold white toast. The chef had left by 7.30pm on the night I intended to use the hotel restaurant and so I was unable to get any food at the hotel.
The room was spacious and with all amenities including air conditioning, but it was not very clean, the shower holder was broken, and the bathroom floor was dirty.
The Internet and wifi is very poor, dropping out regularly and with very little capacity.
I would not stay here again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Helen E
Reviewed 27 April 2016

DO NOT stay here if you are basing your decision on the web site. You'll be disappointed. I'd estimate the photos and information to be at least 10 years old. The location is excellent, the staff are very friendly and willing to please. Ben, the hotel driver handled airport transfers on time and some other running around was never a problem for him. The hotel simply is NOT as represented on the website. The restaurant was contracted to Chinese that know how to under deliver. Breakfast was included. I tried it once then opted to walk to one of the many local cafes each morning there after. There is no gym. No stocked mini bar, Wi-Fi internet has very poor cover and depends on which room you're in, more reliable in the hallway! I don't have a problem with hotels not having these amenities, but don't advertise that you have them if you don't! On the upside, they are apparently about to embark on a major renovation. Depending on how that goes it could well still be the place to stay. It's a lovely old building and would be great to see some life breathed into it.

Room Tip: Wi-Fi is better in some rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Pacific_business
Reviewed 25 April 2016

The hotel is under major construction . The rooms was very spacious. Clean linens and they change your towels everyday. The bathroom has these antique type of multiple showers I've never seen. It has these massive couch that makes you feel royal in Tonga. Very comfortable indeed. The TV was a problem, I believe it is due to poor reception or the TV needs a change. The front office employees are very friendly. One of the employee that had good customer services just recently started at Loumalie (I forgot her name) was very warm and welcoming, full of smiles and always helpful. The Loumalie driver Ben was awesome, always available when needed.

Stayed: April 2016