“Dont bother”

Price range: US$5 - US$28
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Fusion
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our Guarantee is that "Everyone who leaves our establishment, does so with a new happy Coconut Palms memory".Since opening in 2005, Multi Award winning Coconut Palms Resort’s Head Chefs have been lucky to work with a variety of Chefs from around the world. Each have offered exciting contributions to our Menu utilising local wholesome ingredients. The result, is a wide array of culinary flavours and dish types from Vanuatu Steak, Fish & Lobster through to classical Italian gourmet. The Italian traditional selections include both pasta and pizza recipes that have been passed down for many generations. Also traditional, is our unique range of Vanuatu Tappa’s which is a world first for Vanuatu Dining. Already the subject of glossy international Magazine feature articles, the Menu glorifies traditional Melanesian recipes from around the island nation. All dishes use a base of Coconut milk and Navara, baby coconut. The dishes are purely traditional or completely new creations developed over a six month project that included outstanding local Vanuatu Chefs that concluded with the Tappa’s Blong Vanuatu launch on Jamie Oliver’s World Food Day.
Reviewed 11 January 2017 via mobile

We made the journey up the hill from our resort specifically because all the local advertising claimed that this restaurant was totally gluten free. After walking there from the main town (past the islands prison), we weren't greeted by any staff and sat ourselves down. After going hunting for someone to help us we made our drink order and tried to order food - even though every item on the menu stated it was GF, when I ordered our meals and double checked (as I always do) that they were actually Gluten Free our waitress said she had to check as she didn't think they did that any more. After coming back to confirm they couldn't do anything I ordered GF, and without offering any other options they could do for me, we left without eating.

My advice - save your legs and don't bother with Navara. The restaurant at our resort (Iririki Resort) had plenty of gluten green options and I would highly recommend you go there instead.

1  Thank Ninacm1

Reviewed 14 September 2016

Whether it was eating in their dining table or drinking cocktails by the pool, the staff were very attentive and I was never left hungry nor thirsty. Great place, delicious food, phenomenal cocktails and the best service.
Would recommend and return!

Reviewed 7 August 2016

Ugly lunch at its worst. No table mat, no plate, no fork, no knife. We ordered 3 different pizza and fish and ships. Four of us tried hard to cut the pizza with pizza cutter, but no way. We ask for a knife, no way. We broke these things with hands and tried to eat. Ugly taste for all of them. Fish was certainly made with basa fillets. This fish well known to be breed in estuaries under family houses and fed with human excrement. Taste like mud. Mince in Meat lovers pizza smells like bad meat. We refuse to get the take away.
Good luck for the next customers.

1  Thank Christian7773
Reviewed 30 June 2016

I ate dinner here twice and both times was dissatisfied. There was a board saying fish and chips but when I ordered I was told sorry we don't have. I then ordered some soup which was bland and lacking seasoning. There was no salt and pepper on the table and I could not attract the waiter. The next time I had a pizza. The base was thin but so hard it was crunchy definitely not great.

1  Thank kiwikev45
Reviewed 2 January 2016 via mobile

We went here for dinner because we got a voucher for a free bottle of champagne if you ordered 2 mains (yes, voucher hunters I know). The place is not on the ocean front and didn't look like much out the front. Service was very very slow but starters definitely made up for the wait. Garlic bread, bruschetta and tomato pumpkin soup. Mains were average but not bad for the price. We then got invited to the garden for the fire show. This was amazing! Would defo go back for a snack on the starters and /or the fire show and maybe try their pizza because that looked very nice