“Charming ambiance, high performance and excellent service”
Review of Hotel Sultani

and 1 more site!
Hotel Sultani
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Kinshasa
Reviewed 29 July 2017

While reading some of the average (or even negative) reviews here, I'm wondering...
I stayed in this hotel not only for one or two nights but for 9 nights, thus I had enough time to check out this property quite thoroughly. I am a consultant who has been visiting 18 African countries in the last 35 years; I even have been doing some hotel assessments in Africa for development programmes. Observation in this sector is therefore part of my job.
By that, I found that this hotel not only offers a remarkably designed interior and a particularly charming ambiance, so that personally you can feel quite cosy and relaxed - this hotel is also greatly customer oriented.
Service always had been friendly AND attentive as if it was to find out what could be your wishes before you even may articulate them. I also had some situations of small problems and solution has in any case immediately been suggested by the reception or the management - even when solution appeared to be impossible or rather uncommon. I have not found that elsewhere before.
I call this: effectiveness, performance and excellent service.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 June 2017

I stayed at the Sultani while I was in Kinshasa to lead a training, and it was a lovely experience. The rooms are clean, well-air conditioned, the lobby is beautiful (and even has a pianist!), and the staff are very friendly. On the first evening, I stayed in a suite and then was moved to a room with a balcony. The breakfast is included with lodging, and the pain au chocolate paired with coffee was a great way to start the day! I would highly recommend the hotel, it's cozy and in a safe and quiet part of the city, I will be staying here on return trips to Kin!

Room Tip: Try the Congolese lunch buffet!! 10/10 would recommend!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Shalean C
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Like everything I experienced I Kinshasa, it's average but expensive.... we had a 3-day meeting there. Food is ok but lack some variety. Beware of their chairs, they can destroy your clothes in no time...

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Ludo-Owen
Reviewed 4 August 2016

It is a small hotel in the quiet area of town which was deemed to be safe. Its my second time in the hotel. Wifi is quite strong and the breakfast is also quite varied. Courteous staff but can be a bit slow in response to complaints and needs of the client.

Room Tip: if you want nice and quiet, please do not take rooms facing the road.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Olutayo B
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I kept going back for the convenient location, but will rather brave traffic next time. The rooms just not up to standard, and I'm tired of dealing with housekeeping that only leaves one face towel after cleaning. Sorry for the friendly and always helpful staff, staying here is just not worth the other hassles.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business