“Good organic greens, great ice cream”
Review of Sharky's

Sharky's
Ranked #50 of 1,111 Restaurants in Yangon (Rangoon)
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sharky's - Myanmar's Artisanal Restaurant Group and Deli Goods Provider (Wholesale and Retail). Established in 1996, Sharky's is renowned throughout Myanmar for it's passion for creating the finest locally farmed, organic foods in the country. Famous for going to Herculean lengths in order to provide fine European style food in Yangon and Bagan, Sharky's specialises in producing fine European inspired products such as cheese, bread, charcuterie, gelato, pizza, pasta, salads and microgreens, burgers, rotisserie chicken and flatiron steak. The restaurants also serve fine wines and Champagne imported from across the world. Sharky's serves cocktails, beer (including craft beer at Dhamazedi and Pansodan) and wine
Reviewed 24 June 2016 via mobile

One of my regular eat out favorite. My lady loves it because of the organic greens, I love the grilled chicken. Ice cream (rum raisin, mango, and if you dare, durian) are my favorite and must have too.
A bit pricey though. Average spent each time is around US$ 25 per person without the wine / beverage.

Date of visit: April 2016
Write a reviewReviews (571)

Reviewed 16 June 2016 via mobile

This restaurant prides itself on quality and it shows. A varied menu features many salad items grown by the owner himself. We shared the roast vegetables and chili chicken, which came with roast potatoes. A bonus is the attractively renovated old building with exposed bricks. Italian-style Deli items are also available. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Great restaurant that uses locally produced meats, vegetables, and ingredients. Downstairs is a deli while upstairs is the restaurant. Sharky's is located in the diplomatic area of town so there is a definite well to do atmosphere without seeming at all pretentious or off putting. The food was fantastic and ,as strange as it feels for me to say this, I had one of the best burgers that I have ever had at Sharky's. I never would have guessed that would happen in Myanmar.

1  Thank Akgrown25
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Great family restaurant. Phenomenal quality, Sensational taste, great service. Try the mezze plater, the salads, beef, breads, pizza and of course the desserts
Compliments to the entire team.

Reviewed 6 June 2016

I really wanted to love it... but I didn't. The space is lovely, I was giddy walking in and exploring the take home items, the quality of some of the products is very impressive. The wine list was somewhat limited and pricey (for some reason ordering by the glass seems to be cheaper than getting a bottle and usually it's the reverse). I had the chicken for which they are somewhat famous and found it a bit dry and bland and not hot enough. It's a somewhat pricey dish and from reviews I expected to be blown away. The salad they brought to start was delightful and I really appreciated the freshness of the greens. My lime soda was sweetened even though I asked for it with no sugar. The gelato was interesting... I had pistachio which could have passed for green tea (I get it, subtle, delicate flavors) but my friend had chocolate hazelnut which perhaps should just be called hazelnut. Service was good, aside from the small soda hiccup.

I would go back... but can't rave about this place. It is definitely above average and a place to keep in mind if you're in the mood for pizza or some decent western food.