A major renovation was finished in November 2016 so the hotel is in prime condition. Beautifully redecorated from the main lobby to the suites. We arrived around midnight after 27 hours in transit and were warmly welcomed. Everything is five star plus from the beds, linens, towels, choice of pillows and every evening there are petit fours left on the bed. Suffering from jet lag it was great to our the floor butler bring tea whenever needed.
We have travelled to many five star hotels and our stay at The Strand is memorable and worth the splurge.
The location is by the river and a short walk to the old colonial centre.
The Strand Cafe served à la carte breakfast everyday with a good selection of Asian and Western choices.
It feels like a small high end boutique hotel with only 30 rooms: the Manager was particularly attentive and friendly and appeared to be on site most of the time. If you want the best, this is the place to stay in Yangon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand Yangon closed on 1 May until November 2016 to undergo a complete facelift that will return the award-winning heritage hotel to its former glory. Constructed in 1901 in a classic colonial style, the hotel will retain its heritage architectural details, such as marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers, lacquer wood furniture, Burmese antiques, and signature service elements, while being given a complete upgrade and contemporary twist through a refreshed colour palette and subtle decorative details. The interiors of all the hotel's 31 suites will be redecorated in keeping with the Strand's legendary style and elegance, while at the same time updated with the latest technology, including new air conditioning, sound and communications systems. The Strand is famous around the world for its flawless, personalised service and suites will continue to be attended by the hotel's team of highly trained butlers. Once "The finest hostelry East of Suez", we are very eager to reveal the new Strand and bring it back to its former glory. Please continue visiting us for updates and bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar