If only all hotels were like The Stand!
Leaving the busy streets of Yangon behind as you walk into the colonial tranquility of The Strand, doormen on hand and to be met by the ever efficient Operations Manager, Mark, who immediately makes sure everything runs like clockwork.
You are treated like long lost friends/VIP's, whilst your butler prepares your room and you sip on a refreshing juice to cool down from the heat and dust of the streets. This is not an advertorial, it actually happens everyday at The Strand.
The staff are just fantastic, anything you need will be sorted, allowing for a little misinterpretation! The Cafe prepares the best breakfast and evening meals, which also includes local delicacies - not to be missed and a bar that just has to be experienced.
We stayed twice at The Strand during our stay in Myanmar and when we returned, the staff immediately recognised this and welcomed us like family.
The rooms are exceptionally appointed, with everything you would expect.
We dined in the restaurant, this was a real experience and actually forgot we were sat in a hotel in Myanmar. Service, wine and food were sensational.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand Yangon closed on 1 May until November 2016 to undergo a complete facelift that will return the award-winning heritage hotel to its former glory. Constructed in 1901 in a classic colonial style, the hotel will retain its heritage architectural details, such as marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers, lacquer wood furniture, Burmese antiques, and signature service elements, while being given a complete upgrade and contemporary twist through a refreshed colour palette and subtle decorative details. The interiors of all the hotel's 31 suites will be redecorated in keeping with the Strand's legendary style and elegance, while at the same time updated with the latest technology, including new air conditioning, sound and communications systems. The Strand is famous around the world for its flawless, personalised service and suites will continue to be attended by the hotel's team of highly trained butlers. Once "The finest hostelry East of Suez", we are very eager to reveal the new Strand and bring it back to its former glory. Please continue visiting us for updates and bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar