This was our 5th stay in the STRAND since the re-opening in November 2016. We always feel like coming home, when we come back. Mark, the operations manager is a real English gentlemen, and keeps a eye on everything. The new renovated restaurant is managed by Christian and his lovely wife. The food is outstanding! You should taste the champaign sorbet, that is prepared by the table with liquid nitrogen. They are planning a spa area with swimming pool behind the hotel to be opened in 2018. We will sure be back for that event. Ask for a room on the back side . It is quieter, because Strand road is the main road in Yangon and has a lot of traffic until late night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand Yangon closed on 1 May until November 2016 to undergo a complete facelift that will return the award-winning heritage hotel to its former glory. Constructed in 1901 in a classic colonial style, the hotel will retain its heritage architectural details, such as marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers, lacquer wood furniture, Burmese antiques, and signature service elements, while being given a complete upgrade and contemporary twist through a refreshed colour palette and subtle decorative details. The interiors of all the hotel's 31 suites will be redecorated in keeping with the Strand's legendary style and elegance, while at the same time updated with the latest technology, including new air conditioning, sound and communications systems. The Strand is famous around the world for its flawless, personalised service and suites will continue to be attended by the hotel's team of highly trained butlers. Once "The finest hostelry East of Suez", we are very eager to reveal the new Strand and bring it back to its former glory. Please continue visiting us for updates and bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar