I was absolutely glad that I chose to spend my only Yangon day at The Strand Yangon. From airport to the hotel was a typical chaotic Asian metropolitan driving, surprisingly the taxi driver played Beatle music which fitted well of the sunshine old Myanmar capital and my own mood for distance journey. From the street view the hotel isn't that grande yet. But once you step into the lobby, the beautifully renovated colonial style immediately pleases every visitor. The service was very personal and exceeded my expectation. The restaurant was also so superb and I ended having all my meals in the hotel. I had a standard room which is grande and spacious. The city was over 100 degrees and I needed a break in between my travels. I spent most my day in this oasis of Yangon to enjoy the hotel and people. The only thing I say is that it doesn't have a garden or pool. But considering the central location, it would be difficult to add on such luxury. Greatly appreciated the operation manager Mark's hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1901The Strand has featured as a landmark of this vibrant city for over a century, offering guests an oasis of calm, timeless elegance and understated luxury. The recent renovation project afforded a complete overhaul of its infrastructure, and restored The Strand to its former glory, featuring marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers and lacquer wood furniture, interspersed with Burmese antiques. Our 24-hour bespoke Butler service attends to the 32 suites, ensuring every whim is taken care of, and The Strand offers guests a welcome respite from the frenetic city, buoyed by the warmth and kindness of the Myanmar people, which remains the very essence of The Strand. Often regarded as the Grand Dame of Yangon, The Strand offers guests the opportunity to languor amidst a rich tapestry of past meets present, seamlessly blending architectural heritage with history, set against a backdrop of Colonial splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar