I was absolutely glad that I chose to spend my only Yangon day at The Strand Yangon. From airport to the hotel was a typical chaotic Asian metropolitan driving, surprisingly the taxi driver played Beatle music which fitted well of the sunshine old Myanmar capital and my own mood for distance journey. From the street view the hotel isn't that grande yet. But once you step into the lobby, the beautifully renovated colonial style immediately pleases every visitor. The service was very personal and exceeded my expectation. The restaurant was also so superb and I ended having all my meals in the hotel. I had a standard room which is grande and spacious. The city was over 100 degrees and I needed a break in between my travels. I spent most my day in this oasis of Yangon to enjoy the hotel and people. The only thing I say is that it doesn't have a garden or pool. But considering the central location, it would be difficult to add on such luxury. Greatly appreciated the operation manager Mark's hospitality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand Yangon closed on 1 May until November 2016 to undergo a complete facelift that will return the award-winning heritage hotel to its former glory. Constructed in 1901 in a classic colonial style, the hotel will retain its heritage architectural details, such as marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers, lacquer wood furniture, Burmese antiques, and signature service elements, while being given a complete upgrade and contemporary twist through a refreshed colour palette and subtle decorative details. The interiors of all the hotel's 31 suites will be redecorated in keeping with the Strand's legendary style and elegance, while at the same time updated with the latest technology, including new air conditioning, sound and communications systems. The Strand is famous around the world for its flawless, personalised service and suites will continue to be attended by the hotel's team of highly trained butlers. Once "The finest hostelry East of Suez", we are very eager to reveal the new Strand and bring it back to its former glory. Please continue visiting us for updates and bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar