I stayed at The Strand before and after an Irrawaddy River cruise on the 'RV Strand', the hotel's luxury cruise vessel. This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. It has a small number of superbly decorated suites (I occupied the bottom two categories -- Deluxe and Superior); is sumptuously decorated in a fusion of British colonial and indigenous taste; and provides almost all of the modern amenities one could wish for (a pool/gymnasium is on its way in 2018). What makes a visit here especially memorable, too, is the welcome given to guests -- from the Operation Manager Mark to the attentive butlers (one per floor) and all other staff for whom no request is too much trouble. The dining options were excellent and so was the food.The hotel's transfer service is also very reliable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1901The Strand has featured as a landmark of this vibrant city for over a century, offering guests an oasis of calm, timeless elegance and understated luxury. The recent renovation project afforded a complete overhaul of its infrastructure, and restored The Strand to its former glory, featuring marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers and lacquer wood furniture, interspersed with Burmese antiques. Our 24-hour bespoke Butler service attends to the 32 suites, ensuring every whim is taken care of, and The Strand offers guests a welcome respite from the frenetic city, buoyed by the warmth and kindness of the Myanmar people, which remains the very essence of The Strand. Often regarded as the Grand Dame of Yangon, The Strand offers guests the opportunity to languor amidst a rich tapestry of past meets present, seamlessly blending architectural heritage with history, set against a backdrop of Colonial splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar