I stayed at The Strand before and after an Irrawaddy River cruise on the 'RV Strand', the hotel's luxury cruise vessel. This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. It has a small number of superbly decorated suites (I occupied the bottom two categories -- Deluxe and Superior); is sumptuously decorated in a fusion of British colonial and indigenous taste; and provides almost all of the modern amenities one could wish for (a pool/gymnasium is on its way in 2018). What makes a visit here especially memorable, too, is the welcome given to guests -- from the Operation Manager Mark to the attentive butlers (one per floor) and all other staff for whom no request is too much trouble. The dining options were excellent and so was the food.The hotel's transfer service is also very reliable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand Yangon closed on 1 May until November 2016 to undergo a complete facelift that will return the award-winning heritage hotel to its former glory. Constructed in 1901 in a classic colonial style, the hotel will retain its heritage architectural details, such as marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers, lacquer wood furniture, Burmese antiques, and signature service elements, while being given a complete upgrade and contemporary twist through a refreshed colour palette and subtle decorative details. The interiors of all the hotel's 31 suites will be redecorated in keeping with the Strand's legendary style and elegance, while at the same time updated with the latest technology, including new air conditioning, sound and communications systems. The Strand is famous around the world for its flawless, personalised service and suites will continue to be attended by the hotel's team of highly trained butlers. Once "The finest hostelry East of Suez", we are very eager to reveal the new Strand and bring it back to its former glory. Please continue visiting us for updates and bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar