A beautiful historical hotel with high international standard. One of the two best hotels you can find in Yangon. The best thing I like about this hotel or I think that differentiates this hotel from the rest of five stars I have been is the highly personalised service. It has small number of rooms and on each floor, there are 1-2 assigned butlers taking care of you. You never need to wait for too long for any service, and all you need just to talk to your butler. After one night, he/she knew my schedule, made arrangements accordingly, and they were always there to help and give advice as where to go or eat.
Style: colonial style, but more on the modern side. The bar has great ambience. But not really ideal for non-smokers.
Food: non-Myanmar food focused, probably for those homesickers who have been in Yangon for long. However, as a tourist, I was not really intrigued by "authentic Italian food prepared by an Italian chef" but "great Myanmar food" or " Myanmar fusion". I picked two local dishes from its limited offer of local food. Quite moderated taste, not so adventurous. Btw, the salted caramel milk shake is super good.
Room: spacious, cozy.
It would be perfect if more local elements are added.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Strand Yangon closed on 1 May until November 2016 to undergo a complete facelift that will return the award-winning heritage hotel to its former glory. Constructed in 1901 in a classic colonial style, the hotel will retain its heritage architectural details, such as marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers, lacquer wood furniture, Burmese antiques, and signature service elements, while being given a complete upgrade and contemporary twist through a refreshed colour palette and subtle decorative details. The interiors of all the hotel's 31 suites will be redecorated in keeping with the Strand's legendary style and elegance, while at the same time updated with the latest technology, including new air conditioning, sound and communications systems. The Strand is famous around the world for its flawless, personalised service and suites will continue to be attended by the hotel's team of highly trained butlers. Once "The finest hostelry East of Suez", we are very eager to reveal the new Strand and bring it back to its former glory. Please continue visiting us for updates and bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar