A beautiful historical hotel with high international standard. One of the two best hotels you can find in Yangon. The best thing I like about this hotel or I think that differentiates this hotel from the rest of five stars I have been is the highly personalised service. It has small number of rooms and on each floor, there are 1-2 assigned butlers taking care of you. You never need to wait for too long for any service, and all you need just to talk to your butler. After one night, he/she knew my schedule, made arrangements accordingly, and they were always there to help and give advice as where to go or eat.
Style: colonial style, but more on the modern side. The bar has great ambience. But not really ideal for non-smokers.
Food: non-Myanmar food focused, probably for those homesickers who have been in Yangon for long. However, as a tourist, I was not really intrigued by "authentic Italian food prepared by an Italian chef" but "great Myanmar food" or " Myanmar fusion". I picked two local dishes from its limited offer of local food. Quite moderated taste, not so adventurous. Btw, the salted caramel milk shake is super good.
Room: spacious, cozy.
It would be perfect if more local elements are added.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1901The Strand has featured as a landmark of this vibrant city for over a century, offering guests an oasis of calm, timeless elegance and understated luxury. The recent renovation project afforded a complete overhaul of its infrastructure, and restored The Strand to its former glory, featuring marble and teak wood flooring, ceiling fans, chandeliers and lacquer wood furniture, interspersed with Burmese antiques. Our 24-hour bespoke Butler service attends to the 32 suites, ensuring every whim is taken care of, and The Strand offers guests a welcome respite from the frenetic city, buoyed by the warmth and kindness of the Myanmar people, which remains the very essence of The Strand. Often regarded as the Grand Dame of Yangon, The Strand offers guests the opportunity to languor amidst a rich tapestry of past meets present, seamlessly blending architectural heritage with history, set against a backdrop of Colonial splendor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Strand reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Strand Hotel Yangon (Rangoon)
- Strand Yangon Rangoon
- Strand Hotel Yangon Rangoon
- The Strand Yangon, Myanmar