2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$127
View deal
Booking.comUS$159
Hotels.comUS$127
PricelineUS$127
eDreamsUS$159
TravelocityUS$127
CheapTicketsUS$127
All reviews the executive lounge presidential suite freedom square rustaveli avenue front desk staff walking distance five star hotel the heart of the city hotel is great house keeping late check rooms are large breakfast was excellent mini bar enjoyed my stay georgia church
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 September 2021

I had the worst experiance at the Marriot Hotell. Tried to order from the room service, the food was cold and not finished. When pointed out to thestaff the first one tried to argue, but didnt eant to feel the cold food. Then i called the reception who didn’t want to fix it but wanted to forward my call to another deparment. When i have been staying at other fice star hotels, all of the staff have been willing to fix any problem. But not at the Marriot. Here they will start a discussion with the customer. Anyway i told them that i could take any hot food, an hamburger or even macdonalds, so I just could have something, which they agreed on. 45 minutes later i called and asked were my food was and they said nothing was preapared and aksed if i would like to order something. This was in the middle of the night.

In conclusion. Worst service. Stay away.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marina Kerelashvili, Other at Tbilisi Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2021

Dear 954fredrikw

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations.
We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

Reviewed 19 September 2021

I normally stay at Sheraton Grand in Tbilisi but I added one night at Marriott towards the end of my recent trip to compare and steer my future stays. I think both hotels are nice and have generous elite loyalty benefits, and they have different strengths and weaknesses so they can cater to different guests. Marriott is best for location, service, and bright(er) rooms, whereas Sheraton Grand wins for the newer rooms / better condition, and great lounge and breakfast.

Marriott is located on Rustaveli street right in city center, less than 10-minute walk from Freedom Square so great location and much better than Sheraton Grand which is a 30-minute walk from city center and also not so close from the nearest metro station.

I booked the entry level room at Marriott and was upgraded as Ambassador Elite to the Grand Suite listed at 60-65 sqm. The suite had nice hardwood floor in the living room, and for me the main advantage was that it was brighter than the suites at Sheraton Grand which I find too dark. The suite at Marriott also had a convenient half bathroom close to the entrance in addition to full bathroom off the bedroom which had a shower separate from the bathtub. There was a huge outdoor terrace with many chairs.

A couple of things which I liked a bit less about Marriott, unfortunately the hardwood floor did not extend to the bedroom – it was entirely carpet. In addition there were some minor signs of mold in the shower and generally speaking not as fresh hardware as the recently renovated Sheraton Grand.

Happy hour 5:30-7:30pm was decent but not as great as Sheraton Grand for both quality and spread in my opinion. At Marriott the warm dishes where ok but potato gratin and meatballs were not as enjoyable as the upscale protein dishes of skewers with veggies at Sheraton, not to mention that cold options were more varied and more interesting at Sheraton too. For the venue I also thought Sheraton was better – Marriott’s club was a long and narrow room with a dense seating arrangement.

Breakfast was available in the restaurant, not in the lounge. Breakfast was fine at Marriott but not as nice as Sheraton, the one exception is that Marriott had sparkling wine available whereas at Sheraton it’s been eliminated from breakfast recently.

Service was very good at both Sheraton Grand and Marriott but if I had to say which one was better I would say the edge goes to Marriott as being a bit more polished.

Overall I can recommend Marriott especially if location is important, but for people who are more agnostic about location, the Sheraton Grand suites and the food & beverage were a notch above in my opinion.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank WorldWideTravel88
Reviewed 25 August 2021

we stayed in Executive room with two bed..the room was small..one good thing about the room is Executive lounge access..there was no swimming pool or kids play area in this hotel..not the right place to stay with your kids..

breakfast was very boring ..no change in the menu and the supervisor lady was horrible..not at all friendly and very biased..

i would have preferred Courtyard Marriott forlesser rate and better facilities with good location..

felt bored during stay and definitely not recommending

Date of stay: August 2021
Marina Kerelashvili, Other at Tbilisi Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2021

Dear exitetravel,

We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience. On behalf of the entire team, I would like to apologize for falling short to make you feel valued and appreciated in our beautiful hotel.

I assure you this was never our goal as our key priority is to provide the highest level of friendly and courteous service. We look forward to using your feedback as a development tool to avoid such incidents in the future. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the team in an effort to improve our service.

I know this will not make wipe out what you described in your feedback but I hope that if your travels ever bring you back to Tbilisi, you will allow us to prove that this situation is an absolute exception and not the standard.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again!

Marina Kerelashvili
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

Hotel is gorgeous. Location is great. Food and staff are terrible. Room was very small for an executive room. And it had a gigantic creepy convex mirror over the bed. We didn’t bother going to the executive lounge for the complimentary drinks and food as the food from the cafe/restaurant was dreadful. Breakfast was also poor. Apart from its looks, it is most definitely not a 5 star hotel.

Room tip: Don’t eat there for any reason
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marina Kerelashvili, Other at Tbilisi Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Dear benwyattuk,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Tbilisi Marriott Hotel and providing your honest feedback.
As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the hotel team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times.

Marina Kerelashvili
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 July 2021

Fabulous
Great historic hotel in the center of Tbilisi.
Beautify renovated and furnished. Expertly run with a smooth ease and sophistication. Highly professional , chic and multilingual staff. Quality breakfast. Nice courtyard for a snack , aperitif or a full meal. Highly recommended and hope to be back .
Bravo and huge gratitude for our stay and your hard work!

Date of stay: June 2021