“It's ok”

Mercure Tbilisi Old Town
Ranked #5 of 144 Hotels in Tbilisi
Reviewed 24 November 2017

I found it to be a pretty nondescript hotel, the rooms are fine, if a little small and lacking anywhere comfortable to sit and relax.The beds are comfortable.
Not a place I would want to stay for an extended length of time but for a brief pit stop, in a well situated in part of town it serves its purpose.
Good room service and some of the staff are charming.
A functional hotel but it lacks atmosphere

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Erdogan S, General Manager at Mercure Tbilisi Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2017

Dear James,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Tbilisi Old Town. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. FEEL FREE to contact with me directly via h9417-gm@accor.com for any assist during your next stay. Sincerely, Erdogan Sahin General Manager

Reviewed 22 November 2017

I was staing in Mercure Tbilisi old town few days ago, there was excellent servise, especialy i want to mencion cleaning of my room, bathroom and towels, stuf was very friendly and food was absolutely delicious, i will recomend this hotel to my friends.

Room Tip: City view, Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Erdogan S, General Manager at Mercure Tbilisi Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Dear Shorena,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Tbilisi Old Town.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

5 days stay with colleagues for business. At first glance the hotel looks OK with modern interior and all you need in the rooms. However, under the "surface" there are sever problems that make this hotel a really bad choice and poor value for money. The biggest issue for me and my colleagues was that it was not possible to adjust temperature in the room as the cooling function of the system was turned off entirely. This left us sweating and twisting for 5 nights in spite of the fact that we reported the problem every morning. Opening the window was not an option as this hotel is located next to one of the most busy 6 lane roads in Tblisi and noise and air pollution was terrible.
Secondly, the food is this hotel was far below standards. Nothing tasted well, bread fro breakfast was dry, most items had a funny, stale tast or odor. Drinks were OK, ut I had the very unpleasant experience of getting wine served from a glass that had been wiped with an extremely bad smelling cloth. An other annoying thing was that they did not change bed linen for the first four days! Well, I could go on writing about all of the strange and unpleasant experiences in this hotel, but leave it with this. It is certainly enough to recommend that you stay away from this hotel if possible, and I will certainly never stay here again. This hotel is a shame to Accor brands.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at any cost
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Stein,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Tbilisi Old Town. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. At Mercure, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. PS.I did deeply investigation for the topics which you mention on your review and necessary action is already taken by Us. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. FEEL FREE to contact with me directly via h9417-gm@accor.com for any assist during your next stay. Sincerely, Erdogan Sahin General Manager

Reviewed 14 November 2017

Based in the centre of Tbilisi, it is only five minutes walk to the Old Town. Plenty of restaurants, coffee bars and ATMs nearby.
Hotel possesses a restaurant, bar, gym, sauna, spa and free Wifi. Breakfast is self-service with an excellent range of food. Bedrooms are spacious and air-conditioned.
Buses to most parts of Tbilisi stop nearby.
This is a good place to stay if you wish to see the sites of the city.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Erdogan S, General Manager at Mercure Tbilisi Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear David,

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

I've travelled to Tbilsi and stayed in many hotels, but this one was the best. Bright rooms, cozy atmosphere is everywhere, very helpful staff, delicious breakfast and very strong a la carte service. Sky7 is wonderful - a place everyone must visit. They deserve 5 stars!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Erdogan S, General Manager at Mercure Tbilisi Old Town, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear George,