Yoo's Family Guesthouses Yeorumjip
US$90
US$245
US$202
Agoda.com
Nine Tree Hotel Myeong-dong(Seoul)
US$135
US$104
US$98
Hotels.com
  • Fitness centre
The Grand Hotel Myeongdong(Seoul)
US$110
US$101
US$114
US$102
  • Restaurant
All reviewshanok experiencetraditional housewalking distancecongeepalacesubway
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Was really fun staying in a traditional Korean guesthouse. Room was spacious and well decorated. Bathroom was functional. Location was great. Breakfast was cup of noodle, juice box, bread, basic cereal. The Yoo's were very friendly and accommodating. The only minor downside was no parking.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank trowre
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We wanted to stay in a traditional, Korean guesthouse (Han-Ok) and a friend told us about www.yoosfamily.com. It turned out that she had never stayed at the place but only heard about it. The location is great, about 50 meters from Chang-Duk-Gung and fairly easy to find. We stayed at the Yeoreum Jip (Summer House). There is a large, glass front Guesthouse right next to it, so you can look for that easy to find landmark. The Yeoreum Jip is right next door. We had the family unit which was very clean and had the traditional bedding but all the creature comfort features you could want. The manager was a very nice lady who stopped by often to clean and check on things. Because of a change in our schedule, we had to check out a day early but they were very cordial and accomodating. Insadong is only 500m or so from this place and the #3 subway line stop is very close, maybe 150m from the house (Anguk 안국 station). We will definitely be coming back, in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Irrational_Traveler
Reviewed 12 January 2014

It was a pleasantly unique experience. The room was smaller than I imagined (even with a complimentary upgrade which was greatly appreciated). The bathroom amenities wasn't really what I was comfortable with but I managed to cope through it. The location, however, was excellent and Mr and Mrs Yoo were friendly and helpful. Mr Yoo made special kimbab for his guests, which was very heart warming. I would recommend this place for budget travellers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank voons112013
Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed here for couple of days. The reason why I chose here, was to experience something new, something I can only enjoy in Korea. And I got what I exactly wanted. It is very Korean traditional inside and outside of the house. Also, this place is closed to many tourist attractions, so I didn't have hard time placing them. What's more, because Yeoremjip has probably everything what travelers need, I had comfortable and good time in here.
I want to thank you for kind services, and answering many questions:)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank mindh91
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I am a Korean, but even for me, it was very nice and exotic experience.
The location is soooooooooo good.
You can walk to almost every tourist attraction of Seoul.
The room was clean, and warm. Staffs were very nice as well.
And they provide breakfast, so I didn't have to spend extra money on breakfast.
Anyone who wants to experience traditional Korea in Seoul,
I think this guesthouse will be the right choice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends