1,621 results
All reviews dongguk university shuttle bus executive floor pillow menu shuttle service per day kal limousine subway station star hotel deluxe room hotel restaurants indoor pool coffee machine incheon airport non smoking room comfortable hotel single bed
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Quite a few of the Pullman hotels can compare to the Grand Ambassador when it comes to the facilities within the hotel. Having a good size indoor pool & a large fully equipped gym serves me well especially in the cold season. With several restaurants in the hotel, you will be spoilt for choices but the restaurant food are relatively expensive. I will urge the management (Ambassador group) to come to realize this aspect especially when you have so much choices in around Chungmuro & around MyeongDong which is not too distant. Otherwise, roomwise the hotel comes up top & I would not think twice to check in again in my next trip.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
GrandAmbassadorSeoul, 제너럴 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Mr. Patrick T,

A warm greeting from Grand Ambassador Seoul Pullman.

First of all, Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving the valuable comments.

We deeply feel sorry about that, we couldn’t meet your expectations during a stay.

Besides, we are focusing on improvement of properties' weak points by collecting all the guest's comment.

The comments you left will be used in a great deal in improving and keeping with the quality of the service and facilities more.

We will share your comments with all concerned teams and We hope It is going to be another chance to have you again.

we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
We all wish you all the best.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

I celebrate my birthday in this hotel and they gave me two slice of cakes and a bottle of wine, even upgrade me to executive room. Although the room seems a bit dull and conventional to be called executive room but i still enjoyed it very much. They give the best service including free shuttle bus to dongdaemun and myeongdong. There is also shuttle bus for 16000 won to incheon airport and its completed my day. Although the inconvenient things for me is they had problems with the central air conditioner so i got to wait til 2 am to get an electric fan so i can sleep well but overall im very happy with the service they provided :)

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
GrandAmbassadorSeoul, 제너럴 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Dear, valued guest,

A warm Greeting from The Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman.

It is an honor to have this such a great review from you. it is definitely encouragement to us all.

I can't help noticing there is a special bonding growing in your heart towards the property.

The review will be used as a good example how we could get our guests expectation up and meet,
that must be done in a proper, classy way.

Theses are the great inspirations for us to instill great value into both the properties and guests' satisfaction better.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in the foreseeable future.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

We greatly enjoyed our recent stay at the Grand Ambassador. The location is great and hotel amenities are excellent. We really appreciated the courtesy bus to Myeongdong and Insadong and close location to Donggkuk University Subway station. Staff were super attentive. One of the best 5 star hotel experiences I have enjoyed in many years.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
GrandAmbassadorSeoul, 제너럴 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

A warm Greeting from The Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman.

It is so considerate of you to leave us this comment on your stay, it is going to be a huge encouragement to us all.

The review will be heard as a good piece of advice how we could get our guests expectation met.

This is a thoughtful piece of inspiration for us to instill great value into both the properties and guests' satisfaction better.

We are looking forward to welcoming you in the foreseeable future.

Grand Ambassador Seoul

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We stayed again (third time) at the Grand Ambassador Seoul – Associated Pullman Hotel near the Dunguk University Subway station because we have already become familiar with the neighbourhood.

However, this being our first stay in Summer at the hotel, we really did not anticipate some of the experiences that we will be sharing with you.

Being an Accor Gold member, I booked directly with at the Accorhotels website. I did not wait for the Accor Private Sales hence I paid a little more so there is nothing for me to complain about.

I emailed the hotel prior to my stay to request for early check-in and its reservation and GSO, Ms Elin Kim, responded within the same day although she did not commit to my request.

Because there were 3 of us, I booked a Deluxe Room with one King and 1 Single bed.
We were given Room 903 overlooking the frontage of the hotel.

Having stayed at this hotel before, I requested for an extra room key so that we could keep the air-condition running to cool the room so that we would return to a cosy hotel room – the way we would like. But it was not to be.

Let me summarize our experience:

Areas for Improvements
++++++++++++++++++

1. To be it mildly, Room 903 was stuffy and we adjusted the thermostat. After lunch, and upon stepping into the room, we found the room unbearably warm. So I called and informed the hotel (one-touch services) that the room was too warm and asked if the air-conditioning was functioning properly.

2. We booked the room for 3 persons but there were only 2 bath towels (in fact, everything the hotel has provided was only for 2 paying guests). Trying my best to explain to the female operator, I also asked for toothbrushes because I thought the hotel (well, most reputable hotels would and I had expected one associated with the Pullman brand to do so) would provide for us and we did not pack any along.

3. When we returned to the hotel that evening trying to escape from the summer heat, we were greeted by an equally warm, humid and stuffy room. I informed the hotel again and soon, an engineer and a gentleman in a coat and tie appeared in my room. The gentleman told me the room was cold enough for him. But then he forgot that he was not us. And, he said there was nothing he could do. Centralized air-conditioning. I pointed to the thermostat. He said it was just for show. The only thing he could do was to place a tower fan in the room for us. So we spent 5 sweltering nights in Seoul. If all hotels in Seoul are like Grand Ambassador Seoul, I would not visit Seoul ever again in summer.

4. Our extra room key was removed by the chambermaid after she has cleaned up our room leaving the room evening warmer than when we had left it. Why are chambermaids permitted to confiscate room keys from the guests?

5. Toothbrushes were not replenished. Shower gel, shampoo and all toiletries were not replenished. One roll of new toilet paper was left next to the sink. Only 2 bath towels and bottles of drinking water were given to the 3 of us.

6. The same thing happened on Day 3 so I decided that enough was enough, picked up the phone and touched 3230. While we could walk to the convenience store to buy drinking water and toothbrushes, it was a tad too much to expect us to get our own bath towels ready. That was the turning point. While disposal toothbrushes were still not provided, basic amenities meant for 3 people were finally provided. But it was only from that day.

7. The room lights! The corridor was really dim and the light would go off every few seconds. There were only 2 switches for the other room lights. Either all the others remained switched on except a corner ceiling light or all the lights would go off together (master switch). It is a bit strange that a hotel in its overzealous quest to go green would allow this wastage of electricity.

Now for some praises:

Strengths
++++++++

1. A bellhop actually ran ahead of us to stop the driver of the free shuttle bus service from departing without us. Thank you so much. It is unfortunate that I did not get his name in our hurry to scurry after the bus.

2. Early check-in and late check-out was accorded to us and we would like to thank the hotel for this.

3. A great inclusion is the multi-charging port (mini USB, lighting and USB) was in the room making it convenient for today’s travelers with power-hungry devices.

In conclusion, should someone from the hotel read my long review, I hope he or she would realize that while it is one thing to try to save the planet by reducing the use of disposables, it is imperative that the people running the hotel remember that they cannot and should not compromise on the comfort of its paying guests.
We still had to go out and buy our own toothbrushes because a hotel that requires the guests to ask for toothbrushes every day is just not paying enough attention to details.

In a country know for its technology and gadgets, it was quite a shock that we still needed a tower fan because the air-conditioning system in the hotel leaves a lot to be desired. :( Running the air-conditioning alongside the fan does nothing to save electricity. It compromises on sleep quality. It is so warm and difficult to fall asleep at night.

If there are 3 paying guests and you short-change them by giving them amenities meant for 2 or the hotel expects its guests to call one-touch services to ask for shower gel or shampoo when only one bottle of each type was given in 3 days for 3 paying guests, something is seriously wrong the hotel operating procedures.

Pullman is not an Ibis and so Grand Ambassador Seoul should act like the brand it represents.

This is just not the way.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank prestontan
GrandAmbassadorSeoul, 제너럴 매니저 at Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear valued guest,

A warm greeting from Grand Ambassador Seoul Pullman.

It seems that we did not meet your expectations during a stay and I deeply would like to offer my personal apology for such of that inconvenience you experienced.

Even though the properties are historical, the quality and procedures of services provided by agents should have been more professional and suitable.

Besides, we are focusing on in refurbishing the properties' weak points in hardware by collecting all the guest's comment.

We will share your comments with all concerned teams and strongly promise you that all the issues of the temperature, light and amenities in the room wouldn’t be happened again when you visit us again.

It could be presumptuous for me to say that , We hope It is going to be another chance to have you again.

we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

We all wish you all the best.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Me and my daughter arrived in Seoul on 12 May at 6am. Hotel arranged private driver to picked up us from airport. Don’t work if you cannot speak korean, all hotel staff have good understanding in English. We were allowed early checked in dued to our special long flight from New Zealand. Loved the salmon bagel as breakfast and the first latte I had in Seoul was good. Shuttle bus to some famous places stops at front entrance. Bus to Namsan also at the entrance way. Dongguk Uni Line 3 Station just less than 5 mins walk from hotel.
Clean spacious room, perfect water pressure for shower, we were on Executive floor, bathroom comes with a separate bath and shower. Super easy to use bidet system. Quiet floor, no weird noise, comfy beds, and our room were clean everyday during our stay.
If you done too much shopping, like me, you can go and ask the front desk, to arrange your over weight shopping to be courier back to your country with fee involved. Mine all arrived yesterday, and they were just less than a week.
Finally, on my last day in Seoul, I enjoyed the Golden Hour sunrise directly from my room on the 14th floor. Thank you Pullman, first time and great memories.
I always gone for Hilton etc, first time with this Pullman, and I am super happy, I felt like living like a princess during the 12 days.
Going back to Seoul again in October later this year for another 14 days, will definitely book myself with Grand Ambassador Seoul associated Pullman again.
See you guys soon, and keep up with the good work. Well done. We loved it.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

A warm Greeting from The Grand Ambassador Seoul associated with Pullman.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again in the foreseeable future.