All reviews jonggak station insadong street jogyesa temple walking distance great location stains on the carpet fire escape airport bus hi tech toilet minute walk tea bags single room ground floor last stop tourist attractions the hotel is clean standard room
Reviewed 9 May 2016 via mobile

Hotel is in a Great location in central Seoul. We were in a double room but the room and bathroom are very small by U.S. standards. Clean bedding but mattess is a bit hard, not comfortable. High tech toilet, warm seat and had many bidet features. Bathroom has glass walls, shower stall faces the bedding area and person in shower can be seen. We asked if we could exchange the room for one with a more private shower and we're told all the rooms had the same glass wall. Very akward since I was traveling with family. Carpet is stained and room had a musty smell. Noticed mold behind bathroom sink. Air condition unit on ceiling above bed dripped the last night in room. Overall needs improvement! Recommend location but not hotel!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
JEEEUN C, 매니저 at Hotel Aventree Jongno, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2016

Dear Marcy E

We sincerely apologize that problems. It's unfortunate that our carelessness caused this problem. We would like to deeply thank you for your kind compliments on our service and the location of the hotel. I will share your comments with our staffs. Please accept our sincerest aplogy.
Your compliments have certainly motivated us to further develop our service of staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself.

Reviewed 4 May 2016

The location of this hotel is superb. The airport limousine stops right in front of the hotel. It is very near Insadong street. Most major tourist place is within walking distance. I stayed at the standard room. It is small, but do not feel inconvenient at all. It has a good and long writing desk, so easy to work. You can open window, and get fresh air. It has a net, so do not need to worry about insects coming in. Breakfast buffet is so so. One of the staff is rude and rigid, but still provide good service, so we could live with it.

Room Tip: higher floors might be better, although lower floors are also quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business

Dear tripowl123

Reviewed 27 April 2016

Great customer survice! Staff is really friendly, helpful and onformative. I really enjoyed Aventree hotel. Awesome location, close to Insadong area. I would definitely recommend the Aventree hotel to stay in. High level service of all kinds!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family

Dear eva1420

Reviewed 20 April 2016

I booked the hotel directly and did not notice that it comes with no change policy. I had a problem with my booking due to the APEC Summit and our country had the no fly zone last November 17, 19 and 20, meaning, my flight to Seoul got pushed back.

When I first called the hotel to inform them about this, the staff cannot communicate well in English and had trouble understanding my concern - he advised me to call back again. Second time I called back, the staff (another one), told me that it's okay and as long as I will push through with my booking, they can accommodate my new check in dates. I was surprised and disappointed when the quoted rates were higher than the original ones and was informed that additional fees were charged due to the change of dates. It was not really fair on my end since the change of dates were out of my control but was not understood by the hotel.

When I checked in, the front desk did not acknowledge my booking (that comes with breakfast buffet for 2). He kept on insisting that my booking was without breakfast, but I was firm and asked him to check again (since we paid extra for the breakfast). His colleague helped him confirm that my booking, indeed, came with breakfast for 2 for 5 days.

Breakfast was average and offers only few selections. We mostly ate a bit (since they were already paid) and opted to go out for breakfast.

Location was really good since it's just a short walk from the Anguk station and the Insadong shopping street. It's a plus that the hotel is one of the stops of the airport limo bus so we just rode the bus to/from Incheon airport and Aventree Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family

Dear raisanellwyn

We sincerely apologize that reservation problem. It's unfortunate that our carelessness caused this problem. We would like to deeply thank you for your kind compliments on our service and the location of the hotel. I will share your comments with our staffs. Please accept our sincerest aplogy.

Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

Aventree Hotel is a very good hotel. It is well situated, near touristic places, downtown. Even though it is in the middle of Seoul, it is very quiet. There is a subway station very close so that you can get around very easily.
Rooms are very clean and comfortable. The breakfast is very good, it's a buffet where you can have lots of different kinds of food.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family