“Great location, reasonable price, large room”

Aventree Hotel Jongno
Ranked #98 of 505 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 17 January 2017

I had to switch rooms during my 4 night stay, as there was a strange clicking noise in the entrance of my room. The next room I was given (same deluxe double) had very low water pressure and cold air seeped through the windows.
Bed and pillows very nice, but I had to insist to the front desk that my room needed to be cleaned. They asked if I had put out the "please clean my room" sign. I never do, I believe that shows there is no one in the room.
I have never had to request that the room be cleaned, so it left a bad impression.
Also free wifi is a good thing to have but many establishments have several low power wifi routers per floor and connectivity is poor at times. Here there is one or more per floor.

Room Tip: The deluxe double room is quite large and comfortable
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
JEEEUN C, 매니저 at Aventree Hotel Jongno, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

dear japanmike,

We sincerely apologize that picture thing. It's unfortunate that our carelessness caused this problem. We would like to deeply thank you for your kind compliments on our service and the location of the hotel. I will share your comments with our staffs. Please accept our sincerest aplogy.
Your compliments have certainly motivated us to further develop our service of staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Very nice location, very big room and very big and comfortable bed. Bathroom is big and toilet sit is automatic. Our room has a nice big window. Rooms are clean. Has mini bar which they refill with water and coffee everyday.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
JEEEUN C, 매니저 at Aventree Hotel Jongno, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2016

Dear Eliza B,

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Good location; room is spacious for 3 guest; clean and comfortable bed; buffet breakfast is great; housekeeping staffs always cleaning the room; bus from and to the airport stops just infront of the hotel; hotel location is accessible to other tourist attraction.... suggest that frontline staffs should smile often and should speak good English;

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
JEEEUN C, 매니저 at Aventree Hotel Jongno, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2016

Dear Gd E,

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

First stay 27 - 31 Oct Room 820

Arrived at 23:00. No greeting or smile from male receptionist!! He handed me an A4 sheet of information. When asked if I could get anything at that hour, he failed to inform me that the 7-11 shop on the hotel ground floor opens until 01:00. His command of English was not brillant either!!!

Madam Park Min Ae (cleaner) was very friendly and helpful, always greeting you with smiles!!

Second stay 4 -9 Nov Room 920

PROS
Mr Kang Jun Young greeted me warmly and with smiles (he remembered me from my first stay). The check in was swift and professional. He also sorted out my overbooked extra night with Booking.Com.

Excellent Central location. The lane from the side of the hotel to the main street Insadong is approx 500 yards. You are within walking distance to every where REALLY - Jongno, Meangdong, Bukchon Hanok village and Cheonggyecheon stream!! AND all other tourist sites.

Airport Bus 6005 starts and ends infront of the hotel!!!

Good wifi

CONS
The duvet is very thin and the ONE pillow
provided was flat. I asked for an extra pillow.

The buffet breakfast was dismal more Korean than Western. Frankly, it's not good value for money. There are two Western cafes directly opposite the hotel.

The Standard single room is quite tiny due to the design. The bed and desk are in a triangular shape!! The shower is tinier but the water pressure is very good.

The gym is not worth mentioning with six equipments!!

The lighting in the bathroom could be brighter.

No wadrobe, you get two hangers!!
Other hotel standard rooms have
ALL got wardrobes!!!

* This hotel does NOT have the facility to allow you to pay your bill in other currencies except Won!!!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
JEEEUN C, 매니저 at Aventree Hotel Jongno, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2016

Dear Pacer O,

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights. Comfortable room and great location. Friendly staff and helpful. Worth the the while as the prices is reasonable. Breakfast room is at basement 1. Love the heated toilet seat.

Stayed: November 2016