“I'm dissapointed”

Aventree Hotel Jongno
Ranked #102 of 504 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 30 May 2017

I travel very often to Seoul and always stay at this hotel. for four years . This time I got a room with such dirty stains on the floor that feels uncomfortable with it.
I am disappointed because the well-known hotel should care for the cleanliness of the floor coverings in the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business
JEEEUN C, 매니저 at Aventree Hotel Jongno, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2017

Dear Adrian M,

We sincerely apologize that picture thing. It's unfortunate that our carelessness caused this problem. We would like to deeply thank you for your kind compliments on our service and the location of the hotel. I will share your comments with our staffs. Please accept our sincerest aplogy.
Your compliments have certainly motivated us to further develop our service of staff for the benefit of valuable guests, such as yourself.

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

The staff were very kind and helpful no complaints at all. The rooms very clean. Restraunts very close by market street foods. Excellent location. And near by land marks .temples and palaces. And for the prices for the room u got urself a great deal!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
JEEEUN C, 매니저 at Aventree Hotel Jongno, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2017

Dear Zeus B,

Reviewed 18 May 2017

Stayed for 4 nights in a single room on the 5th floor. Room size was good enough for 1 person and with luggage. The carpet was a little discolored from a few old stains, but besides that the room was quite clean. I specifically chose to stay at this hotel due to its price and location. The airport bus stop is right in front of it, Insadong is a few meters behind it, and there's a bus stop from which you can hop on a bus that can take you to many places in Seoul just a few steps away. The room had lots of light during the day and was quiet at night in spite of the fact that it was facing the road.

The bathroom comes with a heated bidet (a little too warm sometimes but I couldn't figure out how to adjust the temperature of the seat) and a shower. You can't dance like Beyonce while you shower or you risk getting the entire bathroom floor wet. I wish they provided toothbrushes, but I came with one so I didn't have to buy.

There's a 7-11 convenience store located in the lobby floor which definitely was convenient as I ended up going there every day for snacks, drinks and topping-up my T-money.

In terms of service, the staff at check-in were courteous but brief. I'm not a stranger to Seoul so I didn't have much contact with the hotel staff in between check-in and check-out. They do allow you to store luggage after check-out. Also, I like the fact that their check-out time is noon.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo

Dear dulzdizzylove,

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Booked a triple room for 2 friends + myself. Rates were quite affordable since we booked it a few months in advance.
Room is really quite clean and housekeeping does quite a good job each day.
Toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, soap, lotion, cotton buds, shower cap & a bar of soap) are provided.
The window ledge had enough space to lie down and open 3 check-in luggages, about 60cm each, with space in between so your bags are not squashed against each other.
The one downside was that there wasn't enough charging points in the room - 2 at the table (but if your travel adapter is big, nothing else can be plugged in at the same time) and 1 behind the bedside lamp - and the sockets were a little loose.
No snacks are provided in the mini fridge, but the 7-11 in the lobby will keep you quite well stocked until 1am in the morning.
Hotel is in the middle of 2 stations, Jeonggak and Angguk. It is also within walking distance of Insadong, a quaint little touristy street with an Innisfree cafe.
It is also the last stop for the airport bus number 6005 (or the first stop if you're going back to the airport from the hotel); with the journey being about 90mins (give or take). Airport bus fares are 15,000won per ride.
All in all, a good first hotel chosen.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
JEEEUN C, 매니저 at Aventree Hotel Jongno, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Dear deidre15,

Reviewed 26 April 2017

The ''Plus'' of this hotel is definitely its location but mind you, the cleanliness is irreproachable, the place tidy and well organized (lobby, elevators, public areas) and the housekeeping staff very helpfull.
A pity they did not answer any of the questions I sent them by mail before my arrival... I assume this is due to the fact that very few of the Front Desk people speak any English.
Oh, it'd be great to replace those outdated and dangerous bathtubs with walk-in showers.

Room Tip: If traveling as a couple, do go for the Deluxe room, and not the basic ones
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple