US$91
  • Breakfast included
US$120
US$95
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$105/night.

US$89
US$116
US$104
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

All reviewsmyeongdong stationfriday happy hourmain shopping districtexcellent locationairport busdefinitely stay here againthe hotel stafffamily roomminute walk from the hotelstreet foodconvenient locationfront desk staffvisit seoulrooms are smallspoke good englisha wonderful staycoffee machine
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I stayed with my family of four last week (during the height of winter) in a family room. It was good for four - complete with breakfast and all toiletries. The service was impeccable. We arrived past midnight as it usually takes an hour from Incheon Airport to Myeongdong. Mr. Kang was the one in-charge at the front desk and he assisted all of us with our luggage, and even offered to bring them to the room for us (we refused, he was the only one!). Out entire stay was pleasant. The breakfast buffet had a modest selection but everything was tasty. Their tea and coffee bar at the lobby was available 24/7 - perfect for warming up in between freezing walks outside! The staff is also very responsive via e-mail all throughout and helped us book our taxi from the airport to the hotel.

They were also very helpful when we asked for Korean translations of our destinations around Seoul, so when we get lost we can easily show locals where we're headed. We will definitely recommend The Grand to anyone who asks, and will definitely stay here again!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
7  Thank kristencapili
TheGrandMyeongdong, PR 매니저 at The Grand Hotel Myeongdong, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear kristencapili,

Wow! Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving us a detailed and kind review! A review like yours is so inspiring! And at the same time, it is helpful to our future guests as well. Staff are always our biggest assets and we are so happy that you found them kind and helpful! Mr. Kang is a very professional young man and thank you very much for mentioning his name in your review. He was very happy reading it! We are over the moon to hear that you would recommend our hotel to anyone! Please come back. We also look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed 28 January 2018

My wife and her sister & a 5 years old boy are staying in your hotel at room #208 since January 26 until January 29, they arrived at your hotel at around 10:30am and outside temperature was -16°C, they asked for early check-in and your staff was allowed them for that without extra fee (as I know that many hotels would request extra fee for it) and upgraded them to a deluxe room initiatively because extremely low temperarure and with a child. They were really appreciated for your offer, even me though I'm not with them. They told that your room is very clean and the beds are very comfortable. Your breakfast is also very good. One thing I must mention that your "Friday Happy Hour" from 5:50 - 8:30pm at free with free instant photo taking service is really a good moment for your guests to have wines, drinks and snacks and get together. Our family visit South Korea once a year normally; but I regret that I didn't stay in your hotel before. In my next trip to South Korea, I must stay in your hotel and feel what my wife felt. Do keep it up your good services! :)

Stayed: January 2018
7  Thank EVCMA

Dear EVCMA,

Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving us a wonderful review! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are very glad that we were able to help you with your needs when you first checked in. Your comments regarding Friday Happy Hour are appreciated too! Yes, please come back! We also look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

I visited the hotel in the early January. It was very close to subway station and airport bus stop making the trip easy to plan. The room was clean and all of the staff were friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
5  Thank Jason S

Dear Jason S,

Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving us a wonderful review! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is great to hear that you found our location very convenient. We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Reviewed 24 January 2018

A Nice Hotel at a Reasonable Price. Great Location. Staff and Facility Clean and Comfortable. We had a minor issue with our original room... staff quickly moved us to a new room. Very Basic Lodging... Nothing made it really stand out.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear John W,

Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving us a wonderful review! We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

It is rare to find a gem of a hotel in a city. Most of the the tme, location, price and service are not at all satisfactory in all three categories. Therefore it came as a surprise that The Grand Hotel Myeongdong satisfied all these three cateogories.
I stayed in the hotel from 9th Jan to 11th Jan and re-check in on 14th Jan to 19th Jan. During my stay, I was well taken care of. The staff at the reception greeted me daily with smiles and regardless of the time I enter or exit the hotel, they were always welcoming. When I left for Busan for 4 days and returned, the staff remembered me and did my check in without the hassle of me having to re-do my documentation. The staff even got my luggage ready. The staff arranged for a corner room for me so that I could have quiet rested nights after a long day of shopping or visits to the attractions. Miss B.H Kim who helped with my check in was simply wonderful, she was highly efficient and always ready to help me with my quries. Her professionalism and zeal in her work showed the care that the management put in when training their staff. Kudos to the service staff who stood on their feet for so many hours and yet can give service with a smile.
Location of the hotel is great. It is only 5 mins away from Myeongdong Station exit 9 and also from the drop off and pick up point of the Airport Limousine bus 6015. It is at a corner street, just 10 mins from the main mecca for shopping, Myeongdong area. The location of the hotel means that although you are in the middle of the action, yet you could still have a good night rest. I was in Room 609 which is facing the street, yet I slept like a baby each night.
The hotel has a self serviced laudromat which is great for lengthy stay. You don't have to bring your detergent or softner, they have a machine that dispence those at 1000 won each.
I had breakfast provided in my stay package. The breakfast had choices like warm food (scrambled eggs, grilled mushrooms, sausages) , salad, cold cuts, cereal,cookies and a coffee machine. The lady who served me daily, (unfortunately I did not know her name), was cheerful and friendly. She remembered the drink I had since the first day and would served it as soon as I sit down. Such care for guests makes the hotel feels like home away from home, especially for a solo traveller like me.
For anyone going to Seoul, I would highly recommed this hotel. I will also returned to this hotel, should I visit Seoul again. This hotel service is definitely not an one off act, because my sister had stayed here last year and she was happy with their service and asked me to try it out this year when I visited Seoul. The stay showed that the hotel deserved the numerous commendation given by the different booking websites.
To the staff of The Grand Hotel Myeongdong, thank you for an excellent stay, especially Ms B.H Kim.

Stayed: January 2018
4  Thank May T

Dear May T,

Wow! Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving us a detailed and kind review! A review like yours is so inspiring! And at the same time, it is helpful to our future guests as well. Staff are always our biggest assets and we are so happy that you found them kind and helpful! Ms. B.H Kim is a very professional young lady and thank you very much for mentioning her in your review. She was very happy reading it! We are over the moon to hear that you would recommend our hotel to anyone! Also, we would like to say thank you to your sister for recommending our hotel to you. Please come back. We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future!