Free cancellation until 26/07
Royal Hotel Seoul(Seoul)
US$143
US$122
  • Restaurant
The Grand Hotel Myeongdong(Seoul)
US$123
US$78
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$70
US$56
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

US$73
US$61
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$232
US$203
US$216
US$180
Agoda.com
All reviewsplaza hotelcity hallfrosted glassonsen stylebathroom wallhotel ratesseoul stationunderground shoppingdunkin donutswalking distancesurrounded by restaurantscomfortable bedrooms are modernkorean foodstayed daysminute walkstay at this hotel again
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Me and my partner arrived at Hotel Aropa on 22nd October 2017. We booked a transfer through Ebookers to the hotel which only cost £80 for both of us. After travelling 12.5 hours we arrived at the hotel 4 hours earlier than check in. The staff allowed us to enter our room free of charge. In our room we had all the usual essentials e.g hairdryer, towels, mini fridge, television etc... The hotel also provides 2 bottles of free water on arrival in your room. As this was our first time in Seoul we weren't too sure where about everywhere was but the hotel was a great location. Myeongdong was only around the corner where you had access to the famous Myeongdong street food market. Myeongdong station was also a five minute walk which allowed you to travel basically anywhere in South Korea, the station was really easy as you could change the booking system into Englsh. If you are a young couple travelling to Seoul I would recommend watching some youtube videos, this gave me and my partner loads of things to do e.g meerkat cafe, poo cafe, seoul tower, trick eye museum etc...

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannon O
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Checked in on 26 Dec. Pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It has spacious lobby and friendly staff. We like the location of this hotel. Away from the maddening crowds at Myeongdong but close enough to walk there with many restaurants and convenience stores nearby. The hotel room has a king sized bed with modern fixtures. We loved the bathroom and their good size bathtub. We also appreciate the toiletries and towels that feel luxurious. After a whole day of sightseeing in the cold weather, we always look forward to coming back to our room for a warm and soothing soak in the tub. Bed and pillows are nice, too. We highly recommend this hotel especially if you are travelling with young kids.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Katsrv
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I wish I can give 4stars but on the first day I checked in I met the lady front desk she tie her hair and look nice but she treated me so poor she did not even smile and greeted me once I dragged my bag inside and every morning once I walked passed her she never smile at me or greeted me I will not return here again I feel she is bias me but other things is good I like house keeping service they always do it on time and without me asking the house keeping is so nice but the front desk lady seem to insult me I felt because she was so cold to me and gave me cold shoulder when I checked in I booked via booking.com and she couldn’t find my name so she seem to suspected that I’m did not booked or maybe she think I did not have money to stay here I will never return I feel terrible I felt bias and insulted . But the staffs at restaurants are so nice they always smile and greeted me with respect I stayed here9 nights as it is good location and easy to eat around here. I’m pretty sure the lady front desk can never afford traveling around the world like me but she treated me so bad I will never forget about her cold shoulder just remember not all Korean ppl are kind some are terrible.

Stayed: December 2017
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Location:
1. Airport: From the airport, you can take KAL bus to the hotel. Since I didn't take the KAL bus to the hotel. So, I couldn't comment on how to get there. But going back to the airport, what you can do is after you leave the hotel, go towards the main street, and the Pacific Hotel is across the street. Cross the street and the KAL is right outside the door. There's a time schedule list at the reception of the Hotel Aropa. You can take a picture of the schedule. It takes about 1 hour 10 minutes, without traffic to Incheon airport.
2. Namdaemun and Shisegae Department Store: all within walking distance.
3. Take subway: If you want to go to Lotte Outlets/Lotte Mart, leave the hotel, go towards the direction of the Pacific Hotel. After you cross the street, go straight and you'll see subway entrance (no. 1). Take line 1 (from City Hall: the name of our stop) to Seoul Station (one stop). The hotel staff told me to take line 1 or 2. I found out that only 1 works. If you want to know if you are taking the right train. After you get to the platform, look up and you'll see an arrow pointing to what the next stop is. After you get into the train, there's a screen indicating what the next stop is and which door (right or left) will open. One way about the subway ticket. If you will be making multiple trips on the subway or you like to go Seoul a lot, I highly recommend buying a reloading card. That way, you don't have to buy a ticket each time (if you do, note that each single card carries a deposit.) When you are done with the trip, make sure you go to one of the machines and insert your card for a deposit refund. Coming back from the Lotte Outlets/Lotte Mart is also very simple. Go towards the subway station and take line 1. Again one stop from Seoul Station back to City Hall.
4. Staff: most of the staff is pretty friendly. I particularly like my housekeeper. She's very friendly and efficient. If you don't require room cleaning for a particular day, the do not disturb button is next to the door, after you turn it on, you'll see a red ring on the button outside of your room.
5. Food: there are plenty of restaurants surrounding the hotel. There are also a couple of 7/11 close by. Walk around and I'm sure you'll find something you like. My room rate includes complimentary breakfast. There are not a lot of breakfast items, but good enough. Pls note that after you're done eating, you are required to bus your own dishes. Leave them by the counter.
6. Room: The room is not very big (typical of Asian hotels). There's a fridge you can put your drinks or foods in. But the fridge is not very big. There's also a safe in the room. Pls note that every time you take the room key out of the master control, the temperature machine turns off. Make sure you turn it back on when you're in the room. The problem I have is I'm not too sure how to control the temperature. Sometimes, when it gets too hot in the room, I'll open the window for some air. One thing to note is, when you check out, make absolutely sure that you have your room key with you. If you don't, you'll be fined W10,000. Also, you need your hotel key to go up in the elevator.
This is a very reasonably priced hotel. I will consider coming back if I'm in the area again.

Stayed: November 2017
5  Thank OregonTraveler9999
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in a few hotels while in Seoul and although this was the cheapest it was the nicest room (nicer than Lotte city hotel). Certain deals make it really good value. It's a great location too. The sauna was confusing for me, as one day I just wanted a massage at the hotel, not wanting to risk a dodgy one!

Feedback to management would be let people have a massage without having to pay for access to the sauna, as this meant they lost business. The place was totally empty and under used, so maybe look at making it MUCH cheaper as it's a total waste of time having it.

Great hotel, go for it.