“Amazing hotel!”
Review of Coatel Chereville

Coatel Chereville
Ranked #181 of 553 Hotels in Seoul
Reviewed 15 March 2016 via mobile

Very centrally located, rooms are huge and have all necessary facilities and even more. There is a terrific sauna downstairs, very cheap and nice one. There is also convenience store inside the building as well as parking which is free for guests and several restaurants. You won't be disappointed with your stay whether you are a business traveller or tourist as location is so great: there are tons of eating and drinking places nearby!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vladimir C

Reviewed 20 November 2015

Pleasant place to stay in Seoul. Have everything near the vicinity of the hotel. Easily accessible via train or bus. Rooms are big and clean, with a small kitchen and balcony. Would recommend to those who are staying there for more than a week.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 11 November 2015

I stayed there for 5 months and the hotel was clean and comfortable.
Hotel staffs were very much helpful and they can understand English.

Location is the main attraction for Coatel.Its right there in the great gagnam!!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Rainnnn_lover
Reviewed 9 June 2015

I heard good things about Coatel so I was a bit surprised at the state of our room when we arrived. It wasn't that it was messy or dirty, but it's very outdated and looks a bit like you stepped into an older apartment on the Lower East Side or something. The furniture and kitchen were dingy-looking but seem like they're cleaned regularly. The room sizes are large, though, so that made up for some of the tattered aesthetics. There's also a washer/dryer and nice sitting area/sunroom. Plus you can't beat the location. Decent but don't expect anything fancy.

Room Tip: The suites have much nicer finishes than the singles.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Yuka Y
Reviewed 4 June 2015

I was pretty shocked to see such good reviews for this place... and adjectives like "clean." Like, fo' real? I wore flip flops in the shower. It's disgusting. Someone seriously needs to take a toothbrush and some bleach to the grout! My co-worker texted me a photo of the wall outside the bathroom with several brown stains on it. Concerning. I joked that I hoped it was "just blood," as opposed to the alternative. And my biggest gripe, the lock on the door doesn't lock anything. I got extremely ill while I was in Seoul so was in the room in the middle of the day watching something on my laptop with my giant headphones on (so presumably I didn't hear knocking), and suddenly there's a maid standing in the room while I'm half-dead in pajamas in the bed. Like awkward. And annoying as hell. A "do not disturb" sign would be a nice addition to this place.

All that said, front desk staff was very kind and helped me get to work the first day I was here by printing me a map with walking instructions after advising me it was close enough to not take a taxi. They also held a package for me that my co-worker arrived with late in the evening that I picked up the next morning on my way out. I really appreciated that.

The included breakfast was also surprisingly delicious! I would NOT say that if I didn't mean it, as food is my jam :) The omelette must've had at least three eggs in it and was full of good stuff. The bacon was quality and the potato wedges were delicious. Never thought I'd like potato wedges for breakfast! Unfortunate the last order is taken at just 9:10 a.m., but if you're an early riser making the most of their day in Seoul, you're in luck! It was a treat.

If you're traveling with friends and won't be spending much time for the room, it's probably fine and a good value with a good location. I have no idea why my company put me up here. Travel budget must have gotten cut lol.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business