US$83
Royal Hotel Seoul(Seoul)
US$143
US$122
  • Restaurant
The Grand Hotel Myeongdong(Seoul)
US$92
US$78
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$75
US$61
Priceline
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$71/night.

US$70
US$56
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$69/night.

Free cancellation until 28/07
US$212
US$203
US$205
US$180
Agoda.com
All reviewswasher dryerfull kitchensubway stationgreat roomsuitestovechannelsforeigners
Reviewed 22 April 2015

Stayed again in Vabien II because we've got the corporate price to stay in 2-bedroom suite. if not coprorate price, we won't stay in this hotel. 'coz it's overpriced.

location is very good, airport bus station just in front of the hotel main door. metro station is just 1 min. from hotel.

faciliies and equipment are a bit too old and damaged. but mattress quality is still acceptable. there are 2 bathrooms but just one can be used.

if you booked in normal price, it's not value for money.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank dull d
Reviewed 19 April 2015

We just returned from a week stay at the Vabien II. Since we are traveling with teens, we were looking for space and were very happy with the layout of our two bedroom on the 8th floor. The room was in nice condition and the wifi worked well. Kids were happy. The subway is so great to use that you are minutes from anywhere. Very nice to have a kitchen for a quick breakfast in the morning.

Very sparse on kitchen supplies but the front desk promptly sent up plates/glasses upon request. We were not disturbed by the renovations. The hallway was a bit messy but not a big issue.

We took the airport limo bus from Incheon. You can use your credit card (15k won per person), line 6005 to Seodaemun stop. When you get dropped off at your stop, use the metro underground passageways to safely cross the street. Look for exit 6 and go up escalator. A small grocery store is next to exit 6, underground entrance. Vabien II straight ahead - look for Outback sign and 7-11 on street level and take elevator to 3rd floor reception.

The show "Jump" is just a 5 minute walk from the Vabien. Prepurchase tickets online for discount.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank alpental2001
Reviewed 28 March 2015

Always stayed at Vabien I so I as disappointed when they have changed their policy to only accommodate long term stays of minimum 1month.

I was pleasantly pleased that Vabien II was available - have not stayed here before. Stayed in a superior room for 2.

I liked that there was an in-room washing machine and the toilets were comfortable. There was the usual under floor heating system.

Contrary to other reviews where there were claims of dishonesty, it should be our own due diligence to secure our valuables when leaving them unattended in the room. That said, I accidentally left my spare iPhone and went out. It was not stolen.

If you’re in Seoul for a short stay (1-3 days), I’d recommend getting a hotel in Myeongdong for the convenience. Otherwise, staying at Seodaemun is quite comfortable, being away from the crowded areas.

The restaurant with the sausage stew at the first level is a bonus. They have English menus and it was nice to have when I wanted to stay in on cold nights.

Renovation works were going on and I was told that the gym at the basement was no longer available. That was the only bummer for me. Noise wise, I was out during the day so I hardly was inconvenienced by their remodelling.

P.S. Wifi was very fast

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah L
Reviewed 3 February 2015

The facility really need upgrading or even repairs. Wooden floor is old looking, table tops full of stains, kitchen cabinet is dirty and again stained. Refrigerator making funny noises, suspect due to aging motor protesting. I really don't want to think how often they clean the sofa. Not recommended until they got their act together.

Room Tip: Not sure if they have any good rooms at all.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled on business
5  Thank Kok Woi L
Reviewed 22 December 2014

I stayed here a lot in the past, starting from 2007, back then it was okay. Comparing to the other residences in Seoul, its price was reasonable, facility was relatively clean. I must say, my time of staying there has now come and gone.

First of all, it's a very odd business model: some rooms are individually owned and run by private parties, while the rest are maintained by the centralized office. The cheap fake wood floor in the room was peeling off, while stains in the corridor do not give much of welcoming feeling either.

Location is good; rooms are large, views from many rooms are great. But, unless they do some serious upgrade soon, I wouldn't recommend this to someone who travels to Asia/Korea first time.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo