“Very Disappointing”

Ranked #895 of 38,170 Restaurants in Seoul
Neighbourhood: Gangnam-gu
Neighbourhood: Gangnam-gu
Reviewed 8 March 2021

If this was a moderately priced restaurant or even slightly on the expensive side, I would probably not write a review. However, this restaurant is very expensive and therefore should be held to standards that reflect that. The French onion soup costs 14,000 and it was very small. It had hardly any cheese on it. I could remove all the cheese in a single spoonful. There were no croutons or bread in the soup either. Usually one needs to wait several minutes for a French onion soup to cool down, but I could eat this one immediately. We ordered different sizes of steaks, but they all appeared to be the same size. I was very disappointed to see that there was no baked potato on the menu. I can't remember being in a steakhouse that did not offer baked potato. Overall, when you are paying more than seventy thousand won for a steak, you expect a lot more in quantity and quality.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank gardenbear
Write a reviewReviews (23)

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Bread was very good! The rib eye was also very good. I particularly liked the bisque mashed potatoes. Didn't try the wine though. Service was great! Will surely come back when I crave for steaks again in Seoul!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 26 November 2017

We went to the Butcher's cut after reading about it in trip advisor and ordered a T-Bone steak for two. Since my girlfriend does not like meat which is not well cooked, we ordered Well done, but got medium.
The quality of the beef is average and in my opinion not worth the price of more then 100 $. It's American style but the quality in the States is better and cheaper.
Wine selection is very good and prices OK.
The pale is not bad and the service very good and friendly but there are better places in Seoul.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Steaks were cooked to perfection. Ambient was quiet and decor was high end. A nice break from the hectic Korean street food culture.

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed 3 February 2016 via mobile

If you're in Seoul, are not inclined to veganism and have not impaled your tongue to an errant chopstick, to not visit this subterranean temple of beef would truly be a missed steak. Ok, sorry about that, but the steaks in question are simply fantastic, the service very well informed and the beer and whisky collections top notch. No ordinary steakhouse - this place has really seared it's meaty wonder in my memory. I'll be back. I'd recommend you do so too.

Date of visit: February 2016