Free cancellation until 27/07
  • Breakfast included
US$292
US$162
  • Pool
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
US$223
US$260
US$174
Cancelon
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$256/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Good service.. Friendly reception guy .. Veryyy clean ..comfy beds.. And they arranged for me a trip to the bahareya oisis was very nice and cheap , i totaly recommend it for any traveler ,wifi is free

Room Tip: Room number 500
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Youssef D
samar301, Public Relations Manager at Hola Cairo Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

It was a pleasure to have you stay at our place, and we are happy to hear that you had a very good experience during your stay at the hostel. we wish to see you once again in Egypt and specially at your second home Hola Cairo Hostel :)

Reviewed 18 January 2013

it's nice and easy to find , stuff really friendly and helpful , close to every where and the car to pyramids was useful , will find every thing you need in same street it's abig one there , i liked it

Room Tip: room number on the top floor was nice
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank mohammad a

Thank you very much for the positive comment. We are also so glad your visit was enjoyable. We will pass your feedback on to the team, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 16 November 2012

We stayed at this hostel for three nights the facilities we pretty good did have problems with the shower in our room going boiling hot to cold. The location is pretty good walking distance to the metro and about 5 to 10 minutes walk from the egyptian museum. The breakfast is just bread with jam and cream cheese. The staff were friendly and helpfull but i would highly recomend not booking tours through these guys or train tickets as we were ripped off by the guy an really scared into booking a tour by him telling us it was not safe to do our own thing and would be ripped off by people in the street. train tickets to aswan are only 109 egyptian pounds for the first class tickets which i them found comfy with seats that lie back with plenty of room. the guy at the hostel charged us $35US each for the tickets. if you have not travelled to egypt before you need to budget for tipping this can be a little expensive but we learned to tip the good guides well an not the crap ones. Also nearly everybody just wants to make money outa you can leave a bit of a sour taste in your mouth. Have included a bit more information but i hope its helpfull.

Room Tip: get a room not next to main road
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lewisellis
Reviewed 14 July 2012

I went to the hotel from Alex, and so wasn't offered the free airport pickup. The hotel has no signs. The lift seems really dangerous too.

The aircon stopped working in the room I stayed in during the night. But it was quiet, there wasn't much noise from the outside coming in.

The bathroom was full of creepy-crawlies.

The staff have good English, and are helpful.

Room Tip: 500 has a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Spiritsofar
samar301, Guest Relations Manager at Hola Cairo Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience during your stay at Hola cairo,
We have put large sign at the front door of our building to help people out to find our place.

We have a 24 hours cleanness service, we also the winners of the best cleanness award in Africa for 2011,012 on hostel bookers.com

The elevator is antiquarian piece it goes back to 1908, we are a responsible people who really care about others safety, it’s totally safe and we would not let any one use it, if it’s dangerous.

Looking forward to see you once again in Egypt and at your home in Cairo, Egypt Hola Cairo.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Hola Hostel is located on the 4th floor of a once grand, early 20th century apartment building that like much of the downtown area has long since lost its grandeur. The building’s communal entry was shabby and hard to discover for a first time visitor so take up the free pickup offer. While a central lift from the 1920s, making it almost an antique, looked dubious but worked fine. The surrounding area contained a metro stop that was couple of hundred metres walk and a number of local-style restaurants and cheap-eats.

Inside, the hostel was compact with only a limited number of beds. All rooms had massive ceilings of 4 to 5 metres in height that give it a greater sense of space. There were two clean communal wet rooms which did not require queuing. When I stayed though, one of the shower head fittings was broken which left it unusable unless you washed with only one hand free.

The small common-room was basically useless as it amounted to a couple of cane table sets, a pay-as-you-go computer, a bookshelf and a tiny-TV connected to NileSat. The common-room fed onto an outdoor balcony that overlooked a Parisian-style cafe-lined but very rundown laneway.

Breakfast was the lightest I experienced during my travels through the Middle East. It involved three pieces of tasty, short-soft white baguettes, jam+butter, coffee or tea and a piece of fruit or a boiled egg. Breakfast technically would only be served after 8.30am which was a bit late if you wanted to make an early start. Though reasonably priced refrigerated bottles of water could be purchased at any time.

I stayed in a private single which was actually a twin that contained a double-bed as well as a single. The dark wood furnishings were nice while the beds were comfortable and large. The choice of a pink feature wall and mock leopard print bed covers were unusual. The only issue I had with the room was the front door that had problems staying closed without the deadlock enabled.

Despite the mostly comfortable amenities I would not return to Hola Hostel. I organised an in-house tour to visit Giza and Saqqara. It went fine except for the final Saqqara leg where the hostel employed driver was adamant in saying that there was no reason to pay 65LE to drive past a checkpoint to get closer to the step-pyramid. He had insisted that post-revolution everything within the Saqqara site was closed and that the pyramid under the scaffolding was not worth a lookup-close. Instead we stopped at a vantage point 1km or 2 away for a couple of distant photo opportunities. On his insistence we skipped the checkpoint and returned to the hostel.

That night I looked at the Tripadvisor’s forums, browsed through some Egypt blogs and discovered that he was incorrect. There were plenty of sites within Saqqara that had remained open. So I bought the issue up with the staff member who organised the trip as I didn’t agree with the driver second-guessing the itinerary. After a heated conversation he eventually agreed to talk to the driver and stated he would get back to me.

The following morning the driver pulled me up on my way to breakfast and grilled me with numerous questions. The staff member also threw questions my way and the whole situation got quite heated. I had never asked for a refund or compensation but both men were at times very defensive and loud. The drawn out experience left a bitter taste in my mouth and I decided against the eventual offer of a heavily discounted day trip to Djoser and Saqqara.

As a guest at any hotel or hostel I would never expect to be treated in such a verbally aggressive manner. Some of the staff need to remember that they work in hospitality, that their guests are on holidays, have probably travelled a long way and are not there to be on the receiving end of their berates!

There is plenty of competition for the supply of excellent, affordable accommodation in downtown Cairo.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo