“Cairo”
Review of Hola Cairo Hostel

Hola Cairo Hostel
Ranked #37 of 131 Speciality Lodging in Cairo
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Nice hostel, the best part of the stay was definitely the people working there, very nice guys and very friendly. The location is good, and the building has its charm (don't be intimidated by the abandoned first floors) once you get up to the fourth floor it all makes sense.

Room Tip: Budget friendly
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 March 2015 via mobile

My trip has not even started but I'm already seeing some potential issues. They claim to speak fluent English but when I called to ask a question both the lady and gentlemen working said they didn't understand what I was talking about. They asked me to email in but provided no email address to which I can try to use. So my question is still unanswered. If someone could please provide me with this information I will gladly update my review upon completion of my trip.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2015

Hola Cairo is a good option if you are traveling on a low budget. The place is cheap so you cannot expect a five-star location. The building is old but very well located in the heart of Cairo, close to many key attractions: walking distances to Tahir, Nile, the Egyptian Musseum etc... The staff is very friendly and helpful, they will advice and arrange tours if you ask for it. Wifi is free with decent speed. If the elevator makes you feel scared, no problem, take the stairs to the fourth floor and get some fitness for free. The atmosphere of the place is cool, they organize cultural nights and if lucky you will have the chance to see local musicians playing at the hostel. I met nice people there and enjoyed my stay thanks to the friendly staff. If you are too picky, do not go to Hola Cairo and rather spend you money somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2014

Overall the hostel is very nice. Rooms are nice and clean and the air conditioning is great. Breakfast was good and a bit different everyday. The only downsides would be that when we arrived at 3:00am instead of showing us to our room right away they were trying to sell us a tour which obviously was the last thing on our minds. The staff members are nice but not very knowledgable to backpackers. It's much better to rely on Google maps than the directions given from the staff.

• Stayed: September 2014
2  Thank Expo1234
Reviewed 25 September 2014 via mobile

Hola Cairo is a great hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful and spoke good English. It's in the middle of downtown walking distance from Tahrir square and the museum. it became my safe haven between my trips to other parts of Egypt.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo