1,905 results
All reviewsnile viewtahrir squarebird cageegyptian museumthai restaurantthe club loungeroom servicebusiness tripmini barguest relationsbreakfast buffet isexcellent hotelspecial thankssabayabirdcagevinopane
Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

This hotel sits perfectly on the Nile and you can just walk out and enjoy yourself. Taxis are not expensive from here. The room is comfortable and they have a lot of great restaurants on site. However you can tell the hotel needs updating. Our room had some supplies like shampoo conditioner etc and when we went to open the package for the ear swabs we found it was already opened. It made me nervous to think what else was already used. The breakfast was not anything special and the hotel is completely 100% crowded as its is very popular. We barely found a table to sit at for breakfast. Overall it served its purpose for us and I would still recommend to others because of its location and price.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2015

I am an Intercontinental Ambassador and IHG Spire Elite. I stayed in more Intercontinental hotels than I can remember and this was the worse out of them all.

I stayed in the Semiramis for 5 nights attending business meetings which were held in the Ritz Nile - 2 minutes walk from the Semiramis.

The hotel location is excellent, the view from the room is exquisite and room sizes are reasonable for Cairo. But that is it. This is where the good ends and the bad starts :(

The breakfast buffet is poor in terms of quality, just OK in terms of selection. Do not expect to be ushered to a table, you need to find your own. People smoke every where, if you are a non smokers - tough. The attitude of the servers during breakfast is similar to that you will find in coffee-shops anywhere in Cairo, certainly no 5 star.

Noise in the hotel is too high, Music too loud into the night (I was in the 15th floor?!)
Felt sorry for those in the first 5 floors. There is no lobby, you must sit in the Tea room or coffee shop, but no comfortable lobby.
Do not even think about using the pool - unavailable.

Word of advise, if you can avoid the Semiramis and stay in the Ritz you will not regret it.

Room Tip: High floor is a must. But to be honest go to the Ritz next door.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Omda69
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2015

Dear Omda69,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us during your business trip and for being one of our valued IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite members. I am glad that you have regarded our location to be excellent and you liked the view and size of the room. On the other hand, I apologize you received poor service from our staff at the restaurant, breakfast selections and noise issues was a let down during your stay. Your feedback has been taken into account and will be addressed to management to consider for enhancement and upgrade. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Dianne L.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 November 2015 via mobile

I recommend to all to go their I stayed this weekend with my wife it was incredible place check in is smooth and good and special the to omnia for the room and check in :) also the breakfast buffet is 1 0 out 10 very excellent also I would like to thanks the guy who made check out for us I don't his last name or first name NADER he is professional guy and I hope to see him again because he is a friendly man with a perfect smile face he reserved a car for us and we didn't know that we must order the breakfast box be for 24 hours he called his colleagues and he gave us the box in 10 minutes only special for this management who learn those guys how to be professional and I will come back may be on Christmas :)

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Jolioo R
Reviewed 16 November 2015

I am hereby; say thank you, to the Service Ambassador of the Priority Club Rewards, represented by
InterContinental CAIRO SEMIRAMIS
management and it is staff, that working as teamwork.
I mention in particular the following:
1/ Mrs. Nermine Nabil Guest Relations Manager.
2/ Mr.Mahmoud Omar Guest Relations.
3/ Mrs.Fayrouz Guest Relations.
For the good service offered to me when I had been there. They were very kind to me and very honest for their responsibility. I found only the best perfect treatment. I feel in pleasure when I am in one of managements of the group. So now I am very proud to joint that group, so I feel happily to mention them with my colleagues, in my work place society and everywhere.
Thank you very much.
Eng. Abdullah A Al

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Abdullah A
Reviewed 16 November 2015

Our hotel room was very spacious and comfortable, including little luxuries such as complimentary water, a king size bed and a bath tub. The hotel itself is very clean and the staff were very friendly. There are many services and facilities which can be utilised and everything is maintained to a very high standard.

The location of the hotel overlooks the Nile river and is about a 25 minute drive from the airport and in the city center. Upon entry into the hotel, you must pass numerous security checks, and this happens on each arrival to the hotel. You are made to feel very safe and secure here.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Casey M
ICSemiramisStaff, Director of Rooms at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear Casey M,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you and partner enjoyed your stay with us. It is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Samer Gameel