Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah
US$258
US$139
  • Pool
Le Meridien Cairo Airport(Cairo)
US$135
US$135
InterContinental
US$85
  • Breakfast included
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
US$125
US$96
US$133
US$91
Berlin Hotel(Cairo)(Great Value!)
US$25
US$19
1,907 results
All reviewsmoroccan restaurantle deckinfinity poolsouthern tipnile riverluxury roomthe club loungeamazing locationhigh floorbreakfast buffetspecial thanksegyptian museuman oasisnile view roomtahrir squarekebabgyspa
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I've stayed in most of Cairo 's luxurious hotels ; Grand Hyatt, Four seasons, Le Meredien & Conrade. I spent 2 nights in Sofitel El gezira and was planning to spend 4 but i checked out early to switch to the 4 seasons. The rooms were nice. Small but nice and claen. My problems were with the staff. They lack the bottom line of hospitality. They donot actually care about the customers.They are rude and careless. I even talked to the on duty manager atr night when i had a problem with the receptonist but he didnot help. He actually pissed me off more. The restaurants are all in a magnificent location, but the food is very expensive and not nice. The grill restaurant "El Kababgy" is the only place in this hotel that i found hospitality and professional customer care.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank drzemos
Reviewed 8 April 2009

The Sofitel El Gizerah has the perfect location. Sitting at the prow of an island in the middle of the Nile the view from the balcony of our 9th floor room was breathtaking. We simply left the curtains (and usually the door to the balcony as well) open all day and night , The room, while small, was perfect modern “hotel” the bathroom was clean and the hot water and water pressure very satisfactory. The rate also included a free internet connection, although it was slow and a bit unstable. If you don’t brig your own computer, be warned, the business centre is expensive and has short hours.

The hotel itself was less enchanting. It is big and glitzy with overpriced and not very good food. However, with the glory that is Cairo all around, the Egyptian Museum and a Metro Station (L’Opera) a short walk and taxis waiting at the gate, the actual amenities of the hotel become much less important

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leagle
Reviewed 2 April 2009

We were moved to the sofitel one week before our holiday commenced and were a little concerned; we needn't have worried. The staff were very efficient and friendly.
Our room was on the 21st floor and was well maintained and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was good and light and the shower wonderfully powerfull. My only adverse comment is that the hotel could not supply a foam pillow to replace the feather filled item (we put clean pillow slips over the loose cushions instead)
The outside bar floating in the Nile was a perfect spot for a relaxing drink before dinner, watching the boats and birds go by. For those wanting a more lively evening, I doubt many could beat the Buddha Bar on the 3rd floor.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank BrummieBaron
Dalia_Abulwafa, Marketing Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2009

Dear Mr. Brummie,

Thank you for your visit to Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah. We were delighted to have you with us. We are looking forward to your next visit, the floating bar is loaded by your favorite drinks. and our staff is awaiting to make your stay the most memorable one.

Thank you for your nice comments, looking forward to recieving you again

Reviewed 26 March 2009

This is really what I call french touch, magnificent views, exuisite service, the staff is friendly but not intruding, you can still have your privacy even if you are surrounded with people, I am definetly returning back to this hotel and certainly will suggest is to others, you have to try the spa and the Buddha Bar.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Princess_Dodo
Reviewed 24 March 2009

Stayed here for three nights on my first leg of solo Egypt tour. Glad I chose the hotel after wandering to a couple of others to have a peek. The main bonus is that it really is on the Nile and I had a memorable outdoor lunch sitting at a very chic table just steps from the Nile and all it's goings on. There's a lovely little garden trail with manicured plants and the setting is perfect for an outdoor sunset drink while studying your Cairo map!

The hotel is pretty trendy (including the clientele - a mix of diplomats, local business execs, and the odd independant well heeled tourist). I took for granted the amazingly good food (especially the French cakes), until I'd seen my other 5* hotels and wished I was back at the Sofitel!!!
The room was ok - well equipped - amazing Nile view but there was a constant smell from the shower drain which should have been dealt with by cleaning. In general if I'm being fussy, the attention to detail in the room could have been abit better but it was a good size and the bed was heavenly. It was modern and well equipped and the very large stone shower unit had a handheld shower head as well as the rain head - an absolute must in my book to have the additional handheld type. There was no bath in my particular room but after a day in Cairo, you want to shower only anyway - not lay around in the filth!
I used the spa area and indoor huge jacuzzi pool (superb) - the treatment I had was good but not excellent and the price was abit much. The outdoor pool was very pretty - remember it IS a city hotel so the pool was kind of for the chic and beautiful people - not us hot bothered tourists with blisters! Take your designer bikini!
The conceirge was arrogant and unhelpful - just as others on this site have noted. It is NOT cool to be this way and in fact I got fed up with the attitude and just booked my own cars and trips.
Airport journey was about 1 hour in pretty nasty traffic but sit back and try to relax and laugh at the chaos! It's a good way to see parts of Cairo if nothing else. I found the setting very good actually because it's half way in between Giza (pyramids) and the airport so you can get to both half and half so to speak. It's a hussle bussle downtown place but the hotel itself has enough gardens / own land etc around it that you do get some quiet.
As a single female traveller in Cairo I wasn't afraid - sure it's pretty chaotic but if you are streetwise it's not dangerous in the same sense as walking through certain parts of London!
Anyway, overall I would stay here again just for the location on the Nile and the French cakes! A chic Cairo hotel with good food. Overall the staff (most) were pleasant, the facilities excellent and the room modern and comfortable. Definitely the 'in' happening place to be seen.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo