2,338 results
All reviews moroccan restaurant le deck infinity pool luxury room nile river the club lounge small balcony high floor breakfast buffet egyptian museum special thanks duty manager nile view room enjoyed my stay tahrir square kebabgy spa
Reviewed 3 November 2009

I was a bit worried about staying here having read bad reviews about the service. My experience was completely the opposite. The staff couldn't have been more helpful or courteous.

On our first day at this hotel my daughter and I had very delicate stomachs (common problem in Egypt - not caused by this hotel but previously). It was mid afternoon and she felt she could manage a bowl of chips and I just wanted chicken soup. We sat in their smart cafe/ patisserie and asked for this and they went and got it from the kitchens and served us with great charm. All service was similarly friendly.

A great plus point of this hotel is the location. The rooms have spectacular views of the Nile and across the city. Also, as it is on the island rather than the main road you can sit and have your meals or drinks or just a rest right on the bank of the Nile and enjoy the peace of the river in the midst of the bustling city.

• Stayed: October 2009
1  Thank escaped2c
Dalia_Abulwafa, Marketing Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2009

Dear,

Thank you for your visit to Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah.

We were delighted to have you with us, I conveyed you valuable comments to our staff. I wish you didnt have this tender stomach in order to try our various impeccable cuisines, taking care of you and your daughter was our pleasure. We are looking forward to your next visit, and our staff is waiting to make your stay the most memorable one.

Thank you for your nice comments, should you have and inquiries or requests please do not hesitate to contact me. Looking forward to receiving you again.

Reviewed 3 November 2009

perfectly placed on the nile rooms spacious wellappointed clean with very good views pool grounds and facilities excellent restaurantsvery scenic food A1 staff and service indifferent pity!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank picky-7

Dear,

Allow me to seize the opportunity to thank you for taking time to share your comments.

Your comments are valuable for us; it will allow us to enhance our service quality. Please accept our deepest apologies for your inconvenience, we promise we will do our best to prevent it from happening again. We would like to welcome you again to our hotel to witness the increase of service quality.

Should you have any questions or concerns; please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 3 November 2009

I stayed at this hotel from October 23 – 26. In my opinion this hotel has the best location in the city and is directly situated along the Nile. We had an amazing view from our room. The service, restaurants (Great Selection!), pool, gym and spa were top-notch, and I particularly enjoyed the Budha Bar. I noticed some travelers thought the food was over priced but I thought the food (and atmosphere) was worth every penny. We went out to dinner at a high-end restaurant outside of the hotel, and quickly learned that it did not compare to the Sofitel restaurants – the atmosphere, service and food really left something to be desired.

My only complaint would be the cleanliness of the room. Although it looked good at face value, on closer inspection I realized that there were hairs in the bed (the sheets were clean so I assume they were from the cleaners??) and the tables, walls and carpet really needed an extra scrubbing or facelift. My husband thought I was being overly sensitive; however, in my mind it really took away from the experience.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues. If the rooms receive some extra TLC I would be willing to classify this hotel as a five star establishment, for now I will give it 4.5.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank vcurtis82
Dalia_Abulwafa, Marketing Manager at Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2009

Dear Madam

Thank you for your visit to Sofitel Cairo El Gezirah.

We were delighted to have you with us, I conveyed you valuable comments to our staff. We are looking forward to your next visit, and our staff is waiting to make your stay the most memorable one.

Thank you for your comments, should you have and inquiries or requests please do not hesitate to contact me. Looking forward to receiving you again.

Telephone: 002-022 739 8273 EXT. 8722
Facsimile: 002-022 739 8298
E-mail: H5307-SL12@Sofitel.com
Website: www.Sofitel.com

Reviewed 3 November 2009

We stayed at this Sofitel at the beginning of October, as a special treat for my mum. I wanted luxury and was prepared to pay for it, however we don't feel we received luxury treatment.

In summary I found the location ok, it was away from the street and noisy areas, the best part was that we coud get the metro to a few places in Cairo, only after a bit of a walk to the station. The car service available from the hotel is grossly overpriced. You can walk to the main road and get a taxi yourself, although this comes with its own issues. I suspect that taxi drivers who know that you are staying at this hotel will charge you even more than usual.

I agree with other reviewers that the concierge were not very useful or knowledgeable.

The room we stayed in was not very spacious, however it was comfortabe and nothing really to complain about, it was not worth the money paid in my opinion. The bathroom was ok, the rainfall shower was my favourite thing in the room.

The lifts, lobby and reception areas were very nice, the breakfast room was nice, but eating out on the terrace with the nile in the background was fabulous, its the only way to have breakfast there!

I felt that the staff were unfriendly, and didn't do anything special to warrant the 5 star status or the hotel fees.

It was just ok, standard, nothing really special.

I'd possibly stay here again if it was cheaper.

• Stayed: October 2009

Dear Mme,

Reviewed 23 October 2009

In a bright day ( pray for less sand and smog in the air) you can see form your balcony the Pyramids....

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple