“Old, Famous, traditional grilled kebab”
Review of Abou Shakra

Abou Shakra
Ranked #247 of 4,275 Restaurants in Cairo
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Abou Shakra has several outlets, but this is the first, original and where "IT ALL STARTED" ages ago.
Although a big and versatile menu, but my recommendation would be to stick to the good, old. traditional, what they do best: GRILLED kebab and kofta (meat in general)

Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

Me and my father was travelling in Giza we found Abou Shakra was next to our hotel. We had a lunch in afternoon with pigeon. Lunch is fairly fine. HOWEVER!!!!!
Dinner just made me so mad!
The server wasn't listen at all ! I asked is it my order come with rice he said nope. Okay so I ordered 2 rice on side. It comes with rice and 2 peices of tiny lamb cube !!!!!!!!!! And I ordered a stew potatoes with lamb. He said I orders plain ! OMG. I am very sure that you did said with meat when confirm the order with me. Only pigeon I can barely count as lunch. For the dinner , I m speechless to express how disappointed I am. If tripadvisor offer me a chance to rated -5 star I will surely do it with no doubt!

1  Thank Ziv C
Reviewed 7 August 2017

I think it very exaggerated in its prices. The food was delicious but the quantities were small. The place was quite well.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

Stumbled into here. Service was good and the food was very good and far more than we could eat. What let it down was the number of people smoking. This was only evident after we had ordered or we wouldn't have stayed.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

We went to the new Abou Shakra branch in new cairo for late lunch after work. We were all starving so we ended up ordering a main course each and sharing literally everything else on the menu. I had a shish tawook with brown rice for my main and we shared all the dips, sambosak, sogo2, dawood pasha, 1kilo kofta, and molokheya. Ther chef came out and poured the molokheya out of the pot onto the serving dish while we were eating! It smelt and tasted amazing. The atmosphere was relaxing and simple and there was a guy playing the Oud who is apparently there every weekend. I cannot say anything other than the fact that we all ate till every single plate was wiped clean, we topped it off with a cup of hot tea with mint and just sat back and enjoyed the music while we were trying to catch our breath. Perfect place and staff for a day when you are really hungry and yearning that perfect Egyptian meal. Bravo.