Carlton Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Cairo
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times when traveling to Egypt. I found it charming and very cheap. They worked to handle the needs of my family, and on one occasion the needs of a large group of college students. The remodeled rooms are very nice and clean, even by American standards. But the older rooms have a lovely charm of early 20th century Cairo. And the rooftop restaurant when it is open is wonderful. I hope the situation in Egypt improves so I can return sooner than later. Also, don't miss the old fashioned elevator. :-)

Room Tip: The newly remodeled rooms are much more to American or European standards, and the airconditioners are quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank Amalleigh
Reviewed 11 July 2012

My husband and I stay here if we need to stay in Cairo overnight. We live in Egypt and use this hotel because No.1 location and No.2 its cheap! I love the old charm, the wooden floor boards, huge staircase, old fashioned {and in working order whenever I'm there} elevator. The rooms are basic, good working tv, fridge and A/C but bathrooms let the rooms down as they are normally so small but it does depend on which room you get - and sometimes there's not even a shower curtain! You also get given 2 tiny towels so make sure you have your own. We normally have breakfast and its the basic boiled egg, croissant, jam and a cuppa tea. My favourite part of the hotel is its rooftop bar with inside and outside seating. Great for a drink, smoke some shisha and take in the views. If you just need a bed for the night in Downtown/Central Cairo then this is ideal... if you're happy with basic and no where near luxury!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank shellby19
Reviewed 2 April 2012

enough said. Dirty, gloomy, but pricy if u think ab the quality. A hostel I moved to was cleaner, although it was not!

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank eewwaa
Reviewed 23 October 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights, its very good and i like alot being very classic, and i don't have any comments regarding breakfast or food in general, room cleanliness is fine with me, about the other reviewers i think they solved all your problems, because the hotel seems very clean to me to be honest ! and concerning the old elevators, to insure my safety i asked the reception about it, and they told me that the engines are new and the ropes and everything, except the Cabin itself, they keep it that way in order to match the style of the hotel !! so its very safe and charming, like the rest of the Hotel.
and they also have a very nice roof cafeteria with an indoor and outdoor sitting areas, i would defenitely recommend this hotel to any one, its not just good for your budget, its also better than alot of hotels in the same area that have more expensive rooms !! and don;t have that charm that Carlton Poseses !!

Room Tip: choose class (A) rooms !
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank John b
Reviewed 1 February 2011

Great reception...lovely staff.
The hotel structure is so amazing..with a bit of work, it would be amazing.
However, rooms are really old-fashioned and dusty. Bathrooms a little grungy.
Fine and with nice features like breakfast and dinner included. Fridge and A/C.
It seemed like a Ghost hotel...not destined to last...without a huge influx of $$$$
Let's just say, when we came back to Cairo, we did not pick it again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple