All reviews rooftop restaurant light show roof terrace is amazing complimentary breakfast five minute walk call to prayer the hotel staff airport pick arrange tours definitely stay here again would highly recommend this hotel real egypt rooms are clean never felt unsafe home away from home the location is perfect cairo airport
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great time at this hotel, location amazing, sit on the rooftop and feel you can touch the pyramids. Staff very friendly and helpful, food in restaurant delicious, overall I would recommend this place.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for two nights and we had a wonderful experience. The staff is really nice and helpful, they are always making sure you're satisfied and happy. The rooms have AC and the bathroom is big. The breakfast is excellent! You will eat fruits, bread, eggs, cheese, ham, yogurt and coffee. The owner even have us papyrus as gifts! The view from the rooftop is incredible! You can have dinner while enjoying the light show. Finally, the hotel is two minutes away from the Sphynx so it's perfect.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2018

I don't know where to start! Nana was such a great receptionist and hostess & the owner Adam was amazing! He made sure we were safe and answered all of my questions. He even got me a birthday cake and celebrated on the rooftop with the staff and my friends. I loved the property! It was literally right behind the pyramids. I was able to see and hear the light show for the pyramids and sphinx for free and with a better view. The view was amazing from the back balcony. The lobby is gorgeous and clean. The bathrooms were clean and the water was hot. I loved the jacuzzi tub in my suite. It’s in a neighborhood with locals and camels are out front all day every day. Gives you an authentic feeling. I enjoyed my stay and they accommodated me the entire time!
They have an in-house concierge who booked everything for us for a cheaper price than other bookers. They even have drivers, which I recommend over a group tour..because it is HOT and the convenience of the A/C and a place to secure bags is priceless, plus the drivers know EVERYTHING and told us all of the history and even showed us sites that were city gems. The hotel staff was super attentive. I wasn't ecstatic about the breakfast options.. but I ate the falafel which was delicious. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: the back rooms don't really have windows, so no sunlight, so you can sleep anytime without the interruption of light.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

At first they offered to pick us up at the airport which is very convenient after a long haul fight but the driver wasnt fond of taking his van all the way in by the gate. We had to walked all the way to the parking lot and he was complaining already as he was waiting for so long. We let it pass as we were so tired already and just want to get to the hotel. The drive was so scary that it will pass as we are in a jet plane lol. Anyways once we reached the hotel the receptionist was pleasant and took care of us right away but one thing he didnt told us thag one of the room we booked isnt actually the room we will be staying in the whole time we are there. We found this out the next day that we are on our way to see the pyramids. The day receptionist blocked us saying they have calling out room and knocking but we didnt even hear the room phone ring or even a knock. Which is odd coz she kept insisting that they did ring to inform us that we need to vacate the room and move to our designated room. So we had to haul our stuff out which is so inconvenient because 1. It was so hot in the hallway 2. Housekeeper was rushing us and taking all our personall stuff out eventhough we keep saying do not them. 3. They complaining that we are so slow moving stuff out. The food they serve in their rooftop restaurant are not cooked properly especially the chicken. Blood is still prominent and the flavor wasnt that great. Recommend to buy shawarma a few blocks down. From what i learned that they do not help you if you dont avail the hotel’s tour etc. Their tour guide even threatened us that we have to check iut the next day because he was pissed we didnt avail his tour coz we like to just walk to the pyramids ourselves as it is just 10 min walk. Lol. Anyways all in all their customer service sucks bigtime.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
3  Thank jovy p
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Best Pyramids View Hotel because at first glance, it has great reviews. Before I give my review, I encourage people to have a good look at the other reviews and note how many people have never reviewed anything before or since and the reasonably similar structure to them.

This is because the team very much encourage guests to review the hotel with positive stuff, and other reviews from more travelled people suggest that reviews are dictated and reviewers coached. We didn’t see this but when we were asked to review and we stated that we would do so honestly, the owner was very agitated and offered us gifts to refrain from saying anything bad.

The bottom line is that, whilst I don’t know if people really believed what they wrote, there is an element of manipulation involved in the ratings.

This is a shame, as whilst there are some areas for improvement, there are also many good points. Pros and cons are listed below.

Pros.

1. The view is as good as they say and watching the sunset over the pyramids with a beer in your hand is great.
2. You get to see enough of the sound and light show so do not need to pay to see it.
3. The rooms are reasonably cheap, and ours was big, everything worked, it had a fridge, safe, etc.
4. Nana at the front desk and the other lady there, were charming and helpful. We didn’t get the room we thought we had booked when we arrived, but Nana moved us quickly.
5. Once they knew we had things booked, we didn’t get any pressure to buy trips from the hotel and when they knew we had an idea what transport cost by using Uber were honest enough to say they were very expensive and we should get an Uber when we asked to go go to the station. Note that an Uber cost $3, their car would be $20, and other places were quoting $25-30.
6. The reception team were helpful, printing our train tickets off for us and talking to Uber drivers to help them find the hotel.
7. They battle to keep the place clean, a real challenge in such a dusty environment.
8. The manager seemed genuinely interested in our feedback.

Cons.

1. The restaurant needs to be better. Breakfast on day one was not available on time so we could not have it before our tour started. The team upstairs didn’t have a great attitude and on that morning the place was very dirty. We had breakfast on the second day and were disappointed and frustrated. We were given the bread left on a table by previous guests and the basket lacked the choice that others had. Getting anything involved asking or finding someone and the team didn’t seem interested in making sure we had what we needed. We didn’t bother on day three or four.
2. The restaurant is very expensive for average food. A smaall beer is EGP75. In the 5 star Marriott which also has a great pyramids view, a large beer is EGP90. Essentially you pay 5 star prices in a restaurant that is of much lower quality.
3. In the room, we had a single sheet on a double bed, so had to improvise with another sheet from the spare bed (we were in a triple room). The aircon was very noisy and spits out specs of water.
4. The area of the hotel is also a stables area for horses. We like horses, have 2 of our own donkeys but found the smell and the dirt on the streets in the area a little overpowering. We thought we were being weak until a local Uber driver nearly gagged when he was hit by the smell. The smell did not get in the room as we kept the windows closed and was very mild on the roof.
5. The reception staff are mostly women but there are often a number of men sitting around in the front hall. Single women travellers may find this a little intimidating.

So, overall, there are more good points than bad. The hotel is an average hotel, in a great location, is reasonable value and has some great staff.

The owner should be happy with this, should encourage good and bad feedback, act on it and the place has potential to be a enduring success.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple