Lowest prices for your stay
US$114
Free cancellation until 28/01/22
PricelineUS$120
eDreamsUS$114
TravelocityUS$89
All reviews single room antique furniture west side west bank of the nile stayed for nights jewel boat trips cairo kings
Selected filters
Reviewed 22 November 2021

My friend and I stayed at the Djorff Palace for nine nights and I'd have happily stayed longer. First, let me see, all the other rave reviews are completely accurate and up to date, soome practicalities then for planning your stay. Our bed was super comfortable, the air conditioning worked perfectly as did the WiFi and we had good 4G coverage everywhere. There are plenty of electric sockets and good water pressure and hot water. There are no TV's in the rooms and if you're the kind of person that needs a giant screen TV in your hotel room then you're probably not the kind of person that should be staying here. We ate at the restaurant every night for dinner and were particularly appreciative of the fact that the menu changed daily. The staff were all lovely and helpful and Marina will absolutely make your stay - she pulls it all together and keeps it all going. Thank you Marina! Take her advice when she offers it. The Nubia shop she recommended just across the Nile from the hotel was the best place we shopped in the entire two weeks we were in Egypt and the only place we felt like we weren't getting ripped off.. However long you're planning on staying in Luxor my recommendation would be to stay longer, stay at the Djorff and enjoy your time. My favourite thing of all was having breakfast and from the breakfast table being able to watch water buffalo graze next to the Nile.

Date of stay: November 2021
2  Thank PA_in_the_uk
Reviewed 20 November 2021

This is a very peaceful place to spend an evening (Or more if lucky enough to be staying there) The hustle & bustle of the main East Bank Luxor is far away on the other side of the Nile.
Previously we had eaten in the main restaurant but decided on the open-sided bar area near the pool this time.
I ended up breaking one of my almost sacrosanct rules in choosing the same Turkish Duck meal as Mrs eLaReF since the pomegranate & soy sauce looked intriguing. It was a good choice.
Some desserts were had, then we moved out from the roofed area and sat in the warm calm night air for tea & coffee.
Then it was, unfortunately, time for the motor-boat back across the Nile to our hotel.

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed 13 November 2021 via mobile

The hotel’s architecture is very beautiful and the location on the west side is very peaceful, yet easily reachable from the east bank with the free shuttle boat.
The owner has carefully picked the furniture and it looks great. However, the bed is extremely hard, even for people who usually like hard beds. We woke up with the whole body hurting every morning. The windows are made of beautiful stained windows, but there are no curtains so you wake up with the sun.
No alcohol is served, you have to buy it on the east bank. Breakfast is very disappointing compared to the price of the room.
The owner spends most of her day smocking cigarettes at the restaurant, screaming at her staff. She will sit with you during breakfast/dinner and tell stories about her trips or complain about other guests or staff. Some people love it, others don’t.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank agathecoudcoud
Reviewed 7 August 2021 via mobile

Beautiful boutique hotel with amazing food and service. HIGHLY recommend! Lovely peaceful setting on the West Bank away from busy Luxor - with convenient free boat service all and night. Very knowledgeable guides and a beautiful pool too!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Marina Hitchen, Owner at Djorff Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2021

What fun we had sharing our experiences (ups and downs) and how lovely to see your son enjoy his time so much. Thank you for such a lovely review

Reviewed 10 July 2021

This was one of my group’s favorite parts of our trip through Aswan, Luxor, Hurgahda, and Cairo. The hospitably that Djorff offers is unparalleled. The staff are looking to provide the best experience possible to each guest and they delivered. If I ever return to Egypt, I will make sure I am able to stay at Djorff Palace.

It was my groups first time traveling to Egypt and were fairly overwhelmed. However, Marina and Mohamad were both there to answer any questions we had and help plan our excursions in the area.

The food is amazing, I would highly recommend eating at the hotel at least once.

The rooms all carry a unique style that pulls you out of the standard hotel room that you would get at the other 5 star resorts in the area.

Overall, we had fantastic experience and would recommend anyone considering to book this hotel to just go ahead and do it. You will not regret it.

Date of stay: July 2021
Marina Hitchen, Owner at Djorff Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2021

We had a fantastic time hosting you. You were so easy going and fun to be around. I am so glad we helped to make your holiday so enjoyable. Next time you came you will be 'ready' for Egypt and won't be overwhelmed again. Good luck to all of you in your new careers