Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
StayForLong
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

Gaddis Hotel.
Thank you for your hospitality and comfort, it was pleasant stay.
Hotel has very good location, all you can need is in 5 minutes by walking and at the same time - quiet place in the center of the city.
Will be happy to back here.

Date of stay: February 2020
Reviewed 13 February 2020

The Gaddis Hotel staff are very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are comfortable and all the basic necessities are provided. The solid buffet breakfast provides everything you need for a full day's sightseeing -- I didn't need to eat again until the evening during the two days I stayed (I recommend the omelettes and the fuul beans). The hotel is about fifteen minutes walk from Luxor Temple (a short cab ride to Karnak), and there are usually cabs outside which will take you for a (pre-negotiated!) price wherever you want to go, including the West Bank. The King Dude Bar at the Gaddis is something special and worth studying in its own right. The bar food is also good (the chicken shawarma is excellent!), and goes well with a couple of Egyptian beers at the end of a long day.

Date of stay: February 2020
EhabGaddis, Owner at Gaddis Hotel Suites and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review for Gaddis Hotel, Suites and Apartments.

We really appreciate each and everyone of our guests and we believe as it is a family run hotel that all our guests should feel at home even when they are thousands of miles away.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and we hope to have the chance to have you again soon at Gaddis Hotel, Suites and Apartments.

Greeting from all of the hotel staff, Hotel Management

Reviewed 31 January 2020 via mobile

This is my third visit to this downtown hotel and, as usual, I had a great time.
I flew from Manchester to Istanbul and then on to Luxor which meant that I didn't check-in to the hotel until 3.30 AM. Check-in was hassle-free, quick and efficient and the porter carried my luggage to my room.
The rooms are light and airy, and although basic, are very clean. There's plenty of hot water for washing and showering etc. The rooms are cleaned daily and linen and towels changed regularly.
Breakfast the following morning was fresh and offered plenty of choice. The waiters in the morning were Bola, Josef, and Marcous (Rambo) and they, as well as the chef do everything they can to make you happy.
Lunch is easily available, but I ate in the restaurant in the evening and enjoyed a variety of dishes. Choices include steak, salads, pizza, fish, chicken, burgers, sandwich snacks. The chef makes sure everything is fresh and well presented. There's something for almost everyone. The evening waiters, Bola (again) and Jacob are excellent and extremely helpful. The whole restaurant and bar are presided over by the ever watchful Romany who goes out of his way to ensure the whole operation runs smoothly and proffesionaly.
Mr Gaddis, the owner, is always available and has an open-door policy so you can always approach him if the is an issue to be resolved. (Not that I had any.)
You will find 'posher' hotels, but I defy you to find a more genuinely friendly or helpful staff team in Luxor. If you need anything just ask and they will do what they can.

My sincere thanks to everyone involved, from reception, cleaners, waiting staff, management and owner for making this a home-from-home experience. I can't wait to come back.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
EhabGaddis, Owner at Gaddis Hotel Suites and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2020

Greeting from all of the hotel staff, Hotel Management

Reviewed 11 January 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days while exploring Luxor. Unfortunately the locals of Luxor made us not want to leave the hotel - it is impossible to take more than 1 step outside the door without being harassed to buy something, or ride in a chariot or taxi, and this harassment continues constantly. Perhaps the hotel could ask the locals not to harass the guests immediately outside the hotel. We tried breakfast once but did not have it again during our stay - would have been nice to have fresh fruit. The bathroom leaks badly, the bathroom floor becomes a swimming pool. The beds were comfortable enough, and the cleaning staff did a good job with the daily turndown service. Free WiFi in the room. Room was affordable and this is reflected in the quality. The hotel is in the shade of other buildings night and day so it is very cold when we stayed, however there is heating in the room. The outdoor pool is also in the shade, we did not witness anyone using it. The speakers for the prayer announcements early morning and late afternoons must be near the hotel as this was very loud in the room. When we were selecting this hotel, it showed on Maps as on the Nile River, and this was the reason for our selection. However the hotel is not on the Nile River, and there is no access to the Nile on foot in the nearby vicinity. If we were to visit Luxor again, we would pay a higher price for a higher quality hotel.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
EhabGaddis, Owner at Gaddis Hotel Suites and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2020

Dear Valued Guest,

First of all, unfortunately, we can't control the taxi drivers or people on the street. For sure we do to like or support their behavior with you or any guest or visitor to Luxor.

We are glad that you listed the amenities you enjoyed in our rooms including the free Wifi, heating, air-conditioning, cleanliness, comfortable beds, the friendly staff and their professionalism.

Also, we want to assure you that our guests comfort is always a priority to us at all times. If you would have informed us regarding the leakage in the bathroom, our maintenance team would have solve it immediately.

As for the call to prayer from the mosque nearby, In Egypt there is a mosque or more everywhere so no hotel is not nearby a mosque and this is also nothing we can change or control but it is only 5 minutes a time and 5 times a day so a total of 25 minutes of the 24 hours of the day.

Finally, we really hope this incident wouldn’t stop you from being our guest in the near and/or distant future to witness our usual care for our guests and excellence of service.

Gaddis Hotel, Suites and Apartments Management.

Reviewed 29 September 2019 via mobile

I have just spent another brilliant week at the Gaddis Hotel. The rooms are basic, but very clean and light. Towels and bedding are changed regularly. The hotel is situated about 20 minutes from Luxor Temple so its situation is ideal for me.
Check-in (even at 2.30 in the morning) was quick and easy. My suitcase was taken to the room for me and the receptionist didn't leave until he was assured that I was happy.
Breakfast consists of cereals, meat, cheeses, Egyptian dishes and eggs and the two waiters, Josef and Bola were friendly and professional.
I also ate dinner at the restaurant where a good variety of food and snacks are served including salads and steak. The steak was beautiful and the Nicoise salad was fresh and very tasty.
In the evening the waiters Jacob and Marcous under the leadership of Romany, the Food and Beverage Manager, were absolutely fantastic. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they quickly made me feel that I was a member of the Gaddis Hotel family. They were perfect in every way. Romany keeps everything ship-shape and nothing escapes him. He is the ultimate professional. Mr Gaddis OBE, the owner, is always at hand should there ever be a problem.
The staff really make the hotel an experience that I can't wait to repeat. I will be back soon! Thank you to everyone.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
EhabGaddis, Owner at Gaddis Hotel Suites and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2019

Looking forward to serving you again at Gaddis Hotel, Suites and Apartments.
Greeting from all of the hotel staff,
Hotel Management