Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$28
eDreamsUS$25
Agoda.comUS$28
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews west bank small hotel lovely hotel fridge oasis
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 January 2021 via mobile

Gezira Garden Hotel hosts Chef Udom from Kam Thai Restaurant every Sunday for most delicious and fresh cooked Thai cuisine.
The Garden Restaurantden offers comfortable seating in the sun or shade and the service is friendly and attentive.
Successful all around.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 October 2020

I booked a 2-bedroom apartment for 3 people. This hotel is charming and beautifully decorated. The location is great, just a few steps away from the felucca and motor boat renting area. The facilities are clean and well equipped with a fridge and amenities. The staff is courteous and friendly. Mohammed, the owner or manager, went above and beyond for us. He helped us set up transportation to Aswan. Breakfast was very good and will keep you energized throughout your busy day. There is a restaurant and a rooftop bar where you can cool down after a hectic day.
I strongly recommend El Gezira Garden to all. You will have a great time.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 January 2020

We went go the Jazeera restaurant for dinner and it was amazing the food is great and the service is perfect and it is also close to the Nile so you can go there with the fairy or any of the motor boats which is easily accessible. Highly recommend if you are looking for tranquility and traditional Egyptian food.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2019

Good 3* hotel. Quiet and good rooms with all you need. Airport service was done at a
honest price. Breakfast buffet: good quality and with a lot of choice.You can take the breakfast in the restaurant or around the pool. Pool was heated. The dinner with local and western foods good for 10€ p/p and better than in the surrounding restaurants. Stella beer and Sakkara beer available.. The manager always available and helpful. He organized a balloon trip with Camel flights at a very good price
or rate. The trip was wonderful.
The roof terrace's a relaxing place. All monuments on the West Bank easy to reach.

Room tip: we got a apartment with 2 rooms and 2 bathrooms with pool view.
Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank francisberthels
Reviewed 17 November 2019 via mobile

I really enjoyed my stay at El Gezira Garden Hotel. I arrived after an overnight cruise from Aswan.

It’s a simple 2 minute river crossing to the west bank - 15 or 20 Egyptian Pounds to charter a boat, or 5 pounds by ferry (less for locals but I was never offered any change).

The west bank is far quieter and relaxed than the other side. Probably more like Luxor of old.

The hotel is great - nice pool, and a fantastic roof terrace with sun loungers (it’s quite shaded around the pool). It has a style of its own - quite quirky, having clearly evolved and grown over time.

There’s a number of different restaurant areas. To be honest I never properly figured out what happened in each and when! Food was good and reasonably priced, and they serve alcohol. There’s a few other restaurants nearby, although I think they seem to cater primarily to visiting tour groups.

The owner is a nice guy. For a fair price he arranged a taxi for the day for me when I did the west bank sights (very helpful/friendly driver), and helped me locate a local gym.

A few things that I think could be improved:
- the WiFi is way too complicated! Lots of different network/password combos. And they were forever dropping out.
- only one bottle of water when you arrive then you provide your own. Similarly, there’s a kettle but no tea/coffee.
- my double bed had a single bed size sheet.
- cable TV has hundreds of channels but they all seem to be in Arabic.
- I had the set menu on the evening I arrived but the staff turned off the lights and left before I’d finished. I had to wander round looking for someone to fetch my dessert!

Date of stay: November 2019