“Beautiful, modern hotel in the middle of Nairobi”
Review of Sankara Nairobi

Sankara Nairobi
Ranked #5 of 170 Hotels in Nairobi
Reviewed 17 August 2015

The roof top pool is a must-visit! Relaxed environment with nice cocktails, shisha, and yummy bitings. It gets a bit cold and windy, so dress warmly if staying into the evening.
We ate dinner and breakfast at Artisan and I was very impressed by the service and quality of the food. The chef even customized my entree to fit my vegan criteria. Breakfast was delicious as well and there were many options to choose from.
The room was superb! Quiet, clean, really comfy bed, and well-stocked mini-fridge. Absolutely no complaints.
**Only point to note--if you plan on going swimming be sure to check in by the gym to get a towel. I made the mistake of using my own kikoi and the staff followed us out to ask if we were guests!

Room Tip: There isn't necessarily a nice view in this hotel since its in the city, but ask for one in the...
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Sankara N, General Manager at Sankara Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2015

Dear Abigail G,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us; and had a great time at our hotel!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2015

Unfortunately, due to the situation in Kenya, the hotel was very quiet. I, however did not mind this as it meant all the helpful staff had even more time to help me, which they certainly did. The hotel itself is beautiful. Rooms are luxurious. The pool and rooftop bar are wonderful. It is right next to the Surit Centre, which itself has amazing restaurants. The hotel staff are impecabily well trained. Very curtious and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family

Dear Raver L,
Thank you for your generous compliments for the hotel and Sarabi Pool & Supper Club
We look forward to welcome you back to Sankara Nairobi in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for the 8th time now. I love this hotel. It provides everything you expect from a luxury hotel, but in an understated elegance with African inspired decor (without becoming safari camp). Very elegant, understated and welcoming. Love the rooms. The new Blaze restaurant is the best I've found in Kenya.
The icing on the cake is the roof top bar, lounge, swimming pool. Fantastic atmosphere on Friday and Saturday nights. Don't miss it!
But what really stands out us the personable, professional and warm service. I truly feel as if I come home when I stay there. This time special mention goes to Bridget from room service. When she learned that I had come down with a cold, she immediately went and got me honey and lemon slices to make me a healing tea, on her own initiative. A small gesture, but it's this kind of details that makes the difference. And the anonymous house keeper who saw that I had broken the little figurine I'd gotten, and just quietly replaced it with a new one (I was actually very unhappy to have broken it, since I collect them for my little nephew). But my thanx go to the whole staff, from door men, receptionists on the club floor, Faith the hostess and the bar tenders.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Sankara N, General Manager at Sankara Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2015

Dear Espadaman,

Thank you for your review dated August 3rd, 2015 and for taking the time to write this positive review.

We are always happy to hear from our guests and more so to hear that you had an excellent stay. We appreciate your recognition of Bridgit, Faith and all the staff that made your stay unforgettable.

I look forward to welcome you back to Sankara Nairobi soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 August 2015

Having lived in Nairobi I frequently wined and dined in the Sankara, on this occasion I stayed a few nights. The rooms were nice and spacious and the service was good. The well driven air conditioned Chrysler cars with wifi were worth the little extra compared to the local taxis. I was surprised to find that the Thai restaurant had closed down as it always served good food, I didn't try the steakhouse that has now replaced it. The rooftop bar was as always a great place to hangout in Nairobi. I was surprised to find a birthday cake in my room when I returned one evening, a pleasant gesture not experienced before.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank FoodieGastroGourmet

Dear FoodieGastroGourmet,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are delighted that your stay was enjoyable and look forward to welcome you back soon. On your next visit, we hope you experience "Graze" our new Steak House, you will be amazed!

I appreciate your compliments and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sankara Nairobi in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

Tremendous personal service - all the amenities are up to scratch and first class as would be expected; room, restaurants, gym, rooftop pool, but it's the quality of the exceptional service that stands out. Each & every member of staff I came into contact with was helpful, proactive & well trained, whether on the check-in desk, restaurants, housekeeping or the gym. Although a large hotel with the facilities to match it feels like a family run boutique hotel & I'm looking forward to staying here again on my next trip to Nairobi.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank dave2105

Dear dave2105,

Thank you for your review and your kind words. We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. We also appreciate that you took the time to compliment our associates and have shared with the department heads to encourage their teams in their relentless pursuit of excellence.

We look forward to welcome you back to Sankara Nairobi in the near future.