Nairobi Airport Stop Over House
US$225
US$155
Trip.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$175/night.

US$172
US$154
US$101
US$84
US$224
US$165
Agoda.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 March 2016

I don't recommend here.

Some shower and toilet doesn't work, no hot, no water. it's very useless. There are no mosquiet net in the dormitory. And women staff are not friendly. When I arrived here, I asked the price for dormitory. The long hair women staff at reception said it cost 1,500Ksh per night. but I know already the price is 1,200Ksh on the website. She is liar. If I paid 1,500Ksh, she had to take 300Ksh in her pocket.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank まさし と
Reviewed 3 January 2016

Stayed in a 4 person room upstairs. Me and my roommate caught bed bugs from this place. Dealing with the consequences at home now. Had extra bathrooms outside the room which were nice, but the one in the room either had scalding hot or freezing water, no inbetween.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank zoppos
Reviewed 3 December 2015

The Nairobi Airport Stop Over House doesn't claim to be a five star hotel, but it's exactly what it claims to be: close to the airport, clean and well managed. It's basic, but is a great deal for the affordable rate ($20USD for private room with shared bathroom.)

I had a fantastic stay, felt safe and was well taken care of. The staff ensured my needs were met and went above and beyond to ensure I was comfortable. There is a gas station with snacks and an ATM a block away, and a really great mall 10 minutes away with a huge grocery store and a manicure spot!

The only downside was a cold shower, but it was not a big deal. Also note the breakfast is basic, but what do you expect!

The staff scheduled a taxi to the airport and even helped me mail some postcards. I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Verity K
Reviewed 6 October 2015

We stayed here before and after the safari, which are organized. Mrs. Zipporah took care for everything. We feel safe, the rooms were clean, breakfast sufficient, ....perfect for that price. I have to commend the very friendly staff. There are poor only the showers. The water was cold and just drop.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2015

This place is perfect for an overnight stay. The rooms are basic but it is close to the airport, reasonably priced and the people are very reliable. We arrived into Nairobi in the evening and were picked up and transferred straight to the accommodation, no problems. Zipporah, the reservation manager was in constant communication with us leading up to our visit ensuring we would be picked up and confirming details etc which gave us peace of mind. They also arranged our shuttle to Arusha for the next day and ensured we were there on time at the correct place to get picked up.

The thing that blew me away about this place is the honesty of the staff and that is why I have given it an excellent rating. I left my purse on the bed in our room the day we left. When we arrived in Arusha, Zipporah had emailed me notifying me that I had forgotten it. Not only did it have some important cards in it, but $1200AUD cash. Zipporah arranged for her friend, a shuttle driver, to take it to Arusha where I was staying and deliver it. And it arrived 2 days later, with ALL contents inside. Needless to say, I was very thankful. Thanks Zipporah - you're a gem.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple