“Just another local joint”
Review of Max Land

Max Land
Ranked #326 of 592 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African
Reviewed 25 March 2015

The place is reasonably priced, nothing fancy but good for casual meetings since it's conveniently located along the highway. Easily accessible by public means and private means.

I used to love the food before but on several occasions my friends and I experienced abdominal discomfort after having a meal at the restaurant. It stopped been a restaurant of choice and I no longer visit the place.

Reviewed 11 March 2015

Went there for lunch with some work mates and I have never been dissapointed!The food is fresh and the portions are large enough value for your money.The service is okay not too good neither bad!The ambiance is good and easy for a not so uptight place with good food. Thus is a good chill out joint that has a mature/adult crowd.

Reviewed 26 December 2014

All self respecting Nairobi residents have a favorite nyama choma joint. Debates over which reigns supreme are very common, my favorite is Maxie, as my family affectionately calls it. Yes, it's a bit dingy and run down. Yes the bathrooms are atrocious (it is a choma joint after all). But other than that, it's wonderful. You can order in advance to make sure you don't have to wait hungrily for your order, the bartender is a great friendly guy, drinks are in abundance, there's always football or a 1 man band for entertainment and people do not bother each other.

I recommend the grilled chicken, mukimo and the amazing spicy mutura. What's not to love about a place where you can buy mara or buy a half or whole goat head????

Leave any snobbishness at the door and get set to enjoy great nyama.

Reviewed 26 October 2014

This restaurant is near a large new office space, and the food was fine. I had the chicken and rice, with extra spice. While I've had better (the chicken was a bit dry), I've also paid more money at other locations. This is a local place, with many regional specialities. When I walked in, I could see some raw hearts (goat?) ready to be grilled. All sorts of meat were available for grilling, and many different types of veggie side dishes. I would go again.

Reviewed 12 September 2014 via mobile

This review is a somewhat conflicted one. The food is really incredible and I imagine you'd be pleased if you told the waitress to just pick anything for you. However I forgot what I ordered pretty much every time I ordered. The service was really slow in fact saying the service is slow is the understatement of the century. The last time I went, and I've gone to this place at least 10x my last visit to Kenya, I actually was able to get a haircut right across from the restaurant! I even spoke to the cat who cut my hair for quite some time. (He's a real cool guy from Nakuru) When I went back into the restaurant I had to wait for another 15 minutes before my food was ready. It was insane, but the food was so good. My suggestion is to go there with a group of people and be in no real rush. The food is a 10 the service is a real zero and that pretty much explains my rating when averaging the two. Maybe the zero is a bit harsh. While they were slow they were at least kind.

1  Thank Chege N