“Great ready Nyama Choma joint!”
Review of Max Land

Max Land
Ranked #251 of 707 Restaurants in Nairobi
Cuisines: African
Reviewed 8 January 2016

Excellent for individual and group nyama choma outings with several segregated areas that can hold up to 20 people at a time. Good for wedding and church Harambee organizing committees and the car wash comes in handy too. They recently introduced a barber shop. So if you are a mlevi you can really find your spot here. Oh yeah, they are also have some go mbuzi soup...

Reviewed 25 March 2015

The place is reasonably priced, nothing fancy but good for casual meetings since it's conveniently located along the highway. Easily accessible by public means and private means.

I used to love the food before but on several occasions my friends and I experienced abdominal discomfort after having a meal at the restaurant. It stopped been a restaurant of choice and I no longer visit the place.

Reviewed 11 March 2015

Went there for lunch with some work mates and I have never been dissapointed!The food is fresh and the portions are large enough value for your money.The service is okay not too good neither bad!The ambiance is good and easy for a not so uptight place with good food. Thus is a good chill out joint that has a mature/adult crowd.

Reviewed 26 December 2014

All self respecting Nairobi residents have a favorite nyama choma joint. Debates over which reigns supreme are very common, my favorite is Maxie, as my family affectionately calls it. Yes, it's a bit dingy and run down. Yes the bathrooms are atrocious (it is a choma joint after all). But other than that, it's wonderful. You can order in advance to make sure you don't have to wait hungrily for your order, the bartender is a great friendly guy, drinks are in abundance, there's always football or a 1 man band for entertainment and people do not bother each other.

I recommend the grilled chicken, mukimo and the amazing spicy mutura. What's not to love about a place where you can buy mara or buy a half or whole goat head????

Leave any snobbishness at the door and get set to enjoy great nyama.

Reviewed 26 October 2014

This restaurant is near a large new office space, and the food was fine. I had the chicken and rice, with extra spice. While I've had better (the chicken was a bit dry), I've also paid more money at other locations. This is a local place, with many regional specialities. When I walked in, I could see some raw hearts (goat?) ready to be grilled. All sorts of meat were available for grilling, and many different types of veggie side dishes. I would go again.