All reviewsroyal orchidindian foodnight staybusiness tripcomfortable bedsbreakfast choiceswestlands areaconference facilitiesnice stayshort stayharrisoneuniceworkshopgymafricaambiencetransit
Reviewed 11 July 2017

This hotel was fine, 4 star property. The only problem was...the taps in the bathroom ran dry at around 1pm, and did not resolve until approximately 7pm! Not just one room or one floor....the entire hotel! You would hope a hotel of this size would have a backup plan for such eventualities...but they didn't.

No water in the taps. No explanation from management. No formal apology to the guests in-house. No back up plan. No effort to compensate for the inconvenience.

Would have offered a higher rating, if they had made an effort to manage the situation better.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Vikram K, General Manager at Azure Hotel Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Royal Orchid Azure,Nairobi as your preferred choice of accommodation.

I am pleased to hear that my team made your stay very pleasant and that you enjoyed the facilities.

We have also taken note of the highlighted shortcomings and will use your feedback to rectify. We do apologize for lack of feedback from management in time.

We do appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

It was my firt time in Nairobi. I thought the Royal Orchid hotel (selected by company) was neat and lovely. The breakfast bufet wasn't bad, but what I liked the most is their Indian food off the menu. Harrison Leken - the Masai warrior was absolutely a joy to talk to. He was always available for help or a picture.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Vikram K, General Manager at Azure Hotel Nairobi, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2017

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and restaurant offerings and am glad that you enjoyed the facilities. Thank you for commending our staff too.

Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

Attended a conference here and stayed for two nights.

This is an average four star hotel. We had a room on the second floor. The room was reasonable but the music from the bar on the first floor was disturbing.

For about 30 minutes today we had no water in the room.

Breakfast was good and so was dinner.

This hotel is located not very far away from Sarit Centre and Yahya Mall. One can take a taxi to these shopping and good malls.

Munir D.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 July 2017

The Masaai guy welcomes you in a great manner!! I loved that. Plus they have lots to eat during breakfast. I loved that. However it was not clear what the "No smoking" rules. They should have asked me. The room across mine, the guy was smoking.
On checkout, when I requested wake up for 5:30, I got the call at 4:30..

I loved the earth colors of my room, though.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 July 2017

I can't speak to value because the stay was covered for work, but I was very pleased with the hotel, particularly the friendliness of the staff, the quality of cooking, and the cleanliness and comfort.

Room: Very clean and well stocked with several water bottles that were replaced daily. Nice shower, comfortable beds and linen. I couldn't hear any noise through the walls and the AC worked fine.

Staff: Really exemplary in their helpfulness and friendliness. Special shout out to Eunice at the desk who offered to let me use a room to freshen up after I came to pick up my suitcase after bicycling in Hells Gate. Not many hotels would offer that I think.

Restaurant--the buffets were good, but the food was even better when ordered off the menu. Very good Indian food and I also had the grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and vegetables which was excellent. In general, lots of vegetarian items and vegetables to be had. Great patio for eating outside.

Wifi (one of the most important things for business travellers): worked well throughout the hotel consistently during stay.

Exercise room: Working treadmills and exercise machines. Will do the trick. Only suggestion would be perhaps to add some dumbbells.

Pool--I did not visit

Conference areas--large, multi-room space at the top of the hotel with nice view.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business