“Friendly but average and overpriced ”

Moonrise Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 20 Restaurants in Lamu Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2015 via mobile

The place has a great location, the staff are pleasant and the food good. Compared with other nearby restaurants the prices are high - it's not hard to find similar quality for a third as much. My "house white" wine was oxidised and undrinkable.

1  Thank Peter W

Reviewed 27 July 2015

This is a great little spot right on the waterfront in Lamu town. We stopped in for lunch and had a very nice lunch. I am giving it four stars as the menu is a bit limited and they were out of a lot of options but it is understandable as it is the low season, but everything we had was really fresh and tasty. Highly recommend stopping in during a visit to Lamu old town.

Reviewed 6 June 2015

The Moonrise Restaurant is part of Lamu House Hotel, and I have reviewed it as part of the hotel and as I have noted in that review, this is a fabulous restaurant in Lamu Town
The ambience is lovely being on the waterfront, the vibe is relaxed and friendly and the food is delicious.
The appetizer bread and dip is addictive as is the crab samosas. The seafood is fresh and the chocolate mousse sublime. We had dinner at the restaurant every night of our 3 night visit to Lamu Town and enjoyed ourselves and were well fed.
Many thanks to Marianne and Benson for the beautiful attentive service and of course the food. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 26 March 2015

Try anything and is great. The workers are just brilliant. I've enjoyed every single time I was there, and I was there lots of time :)

Reviewed 4 November 2014

In the hearth of Lamu Town,right on the shore,candele light,small brezze under the stars and cool music.That is the atmosphere.Now comming to the food,i had a tuna steak baked on sea salt,one of the best in my life.My wife chosen a whole grilled fish just out from the sea and we ended with a gorgeous chocolate mousse.The wine list is great and we had a excellent red wine for a very decent price.
Thank you Frank for a great moment of pleasure.

1  Thank 770Emmanuel