“Big rooms and good location ”

Best Western Grandsky Hotel Beijing
Ranked #2,276 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night as we wanted a hotel close to the airport after arriving late in Beijing with a 2 and 5 year old in tow.

I think we were horribly overcharged by the taxi driver (300rmb for a 5-10 min drive), but we were beyond tired and just paid it.

The reception staff didn't speak much English, but we were each able to communicate all we needed, and they drew us directions to the train station I'm the morning.

Our room was big, clean, and quiet, and we had no complaints. We paid extra for the breakfast buffet, and that was okay, although it ran out of a few things pretty early on. Staff were friendly, and we enjoyed our stay. It was a 10 minute walk to the train station in the morning.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Sophie M

Reviewed 25 December 2015 via mobile

I decided to treat myself after a three week business trip with a night here before I flew out. Can't begin to tell you how glad I am I did!!
The hotel is about 12 minutes from the airport and if you tell them when you will arrive they will have a driver waiting for you. That's much better than other hotels.
The hotel and rooms are amazing! Large, luxurious, and the beds are real beds, not the marble slabs most other hotels offer.
They also included a nice breakfast buffet and can arrange transportation if you need to go somewhere.
Highly recommend and I will stay here again!

Stayed: December 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Ellinas25
Reviewed 3 December 2015

The Best Western Grandsky is not far from the Airport, however the airport taxi driver ripped me of and charged a fortune for this short ride... be careful! Arrived in the Hotel and Check in was a bit of a mess, since all the front desk workers hardly understood any english and their attitude was not helpful at all. They were not even able to answer the easiest questions like "Do you have a pool?" (They dont) or "Where is the breakfast room"? When my colleague checked in, he asked, if he can pay the room upfront, as he had to catch a very early flight in the morning, so he had to leave at 3 am and didn´t want to spend too much time on the check-out. The Lady at the check-in told him, he cannot pay upfront (in a kind of unfriendly way) and so he asked, if it is ok to check-out in the middle of the night and the answer was yes. Later he told me, when he finally stood there at 3 pm, noone was at the Counter. Then he found the Person who checked him in sleeping on a Sofa in the Corner, so he had to wake her up and she reacted aggressively and was grumpy all the time during check-out and even gave him a hard time to convience her to call a taxi for him. I think, it is just not a place for foreigners, maybe the chinese are used to such an attitude, I don´t know. Gave it 2 Points because the room was really spacious. But the Location isn´t nice and the staff is a disaster and absolutely not helpful.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 October 2015 via mobile

It is one of the hotels if you are connecting flights with hainan airline and connection is longer than 6 hours. Clean and good service. I don't like the shuttle bus though. But hotel itself is quite and convenient. The room I had has a view of a green land.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 October 2015

It should change many things. First of all it is not so close to the airport as indicated on the site. The rooms were unclean. The bathroom has a bad lighting. The smell of smoke the corridor. The low kindness of the staff, not even a word of welcome to a diamond member ... The staff sleeping on the sofas in the reception ...

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business