“No reservation, so you no stay here...(Yes I do)”

Best Western Grandsky Hotel Beijing
Ranked #2,276 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 10 September 2016

First off, I printed off the booking that I made with my corporate travel agency with the hotel address in Chinese. The taxi insisted that he had no idea where the hotel is.. and the RUDE taxi stand attendant just shouted at me to call the hotel for instructions. That's when the fun began...

First off, when I called the hotel, the operator spoke no English (shocking that the hotel is advertised as an airport hotel).. and with my pidgen Chinese, I managed to ask her to tell the taxi driver the address. She then asked me if I had a reservation, to which I said yes. So gave her my name, and advised her that the reservation is for the night before because its past midnight when I arrived and was trying to get to the hotel.

She then said that she could not find my booking. She couldn't understand my name - and it only has 3 letters in it. She asked who I booked with. So I said I booked through in USA. She then said, call them and not us. I asked to speak to the manager. She said all go home. I hung up and found the confirmation # (which is #120411703) and called again and spoke to another operator (apparently there's no one at the front desk).. who said that she can't check because all the computers are shut off. So I asked them to just tell the taxi attendant what the address is and I will sort it out upon arrival. To which she told me : "You no reservation, you no stay here". I was absolutely fuming at this point.

I am a Diamond Best Western Rewards member and I have never been spoken to like that by anyone. And then the agent hung up !!!

I decided to forgo my booking - and let Best Western deal with it and made a booking for the Sheraton instead...

This is unacceptable. How can the hotel put people with zero knowledge of English or professionalism in your hotel?

Avoid - or risk being told off.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
2  Thank Wayne T

Reviewed 23 July 2016

I enjoyed the free shuttle to the airport however no english was spoken or understood by the driver. Early morning staff not as organized as the day staff. Rooms was excellent, clean, bed was comfortable, very close and convenient to airport.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Erick S
Reviewed 19 July 2016

Stayed here for one night as I was in transit. I found the staff very pleasant and helpful. Room was very clean and modern. I also found it to be very quiet and slept well enough considering I had an early morning flight. There is a language barrier so I would suggest the traveler carry a common phrase book so it will go easier for you.

Kind and friendly staff.

Room Tip: I found the top floor, seventh floor to be very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 6 June 2016

Stayed here in transit and only 30-40 rmb by metered cab from the airport. Comfortable and clean hotel. Managed to get through the language difficulties as very little English spoken despite being "Best Western". However very convenient as leaving by domestic flight early the following morning. Attached restaurant is good.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Alex A
Reviewed 4 May 2016

Satisfactory level of the hotel standard, clean, spacious and nice room. However, location in a rather average area, far from everything. Staff tries very hard but sometimes problems with communication in English occur and that should not have happened.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business