Beijing Airport Yosemite Club
          Great 4.5/5
            Average 3/5
            • Restaurant
            • Free Internet
            See what travellers are saying:
            FilterAll languages
            Reviewed 15 November 2015

Stayed for 3 weeks on business. Room was big, but bed very hard, and room was not cleaned properly each day. Towels were missing, carpet needed hoovering. Biggest problem was language-no English spoken. Couldn't even get a subway map to get into Beijing. Health club nice, but was charged £10 per visit

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
            Reviewed 2 July 2015 via mobile

Just stayed at the pool to cooling down. Inside and outside, nice sauna, hot springs, showers. As non guest you have to pay. You get clean towels and a nice and quiet enviroment. Opposite you find a supermarket for refreshments etc. A fun day in the sun!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
            Reviewed 31 October 2014

I am nearing the end of a two week stay at the Yosemite. Outwardly the hotel looks very smart, my room was large and furnishings fine. However, I found both maintenance and service left a lot to be desired. On checking into my room I found three lights weren't working, then next day, having bought milk and juice from the useful convenience store opposite I found the room fridge not working. On the third evening, feeling in need of an early night, I got into the extremely hard bed but was immediately disturbed to hear the sound of running water. I then discover the toilet was overflowing and the bathroom floor awash with water. I changed rooms the next day and that evening at bed time I couldn't switch the main lights off because of a broken switch. What made matters more difficult was that virtually no English is spoken hence explaining problems is not easy. Housekeeping staff frequently forgot to replace things when servicing the room and staff at breakfast were very casual. Often basic things were not put out. One morning no coffee was available at all. A written complaint to the manager evoked no reply. Never again!

Room Tip: Lake view. This would have been quieter than my street side room
            • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
            Reviewed 4 May 2014

We chose to stay here to get away from the crowdedness of Beijing City. However, we were quite disappointed with our choice.
            While the scenery and the quietness of the surrounding is great, the bed in the room is very hard and uncomfortable. The room is clean and not bad for the size.
            We went there to use the pool, however, the pool was filled with some people doing swimming lessons, so we can't really swim freely.
            We got breakfast, but we didn't eat them, because we went there at 9 am and most of the food were gone and the staffs couldn't be bothered to get us some fresh food, so we ended up having breakfast in the cafe.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
            Reviewed 20 April 2013

Yosemite Hotel Beijing (Yosemite Club)

Stayed here 4 Nights Wednesday April 17 to Sunday 22nd, 2013.

The Yosemite is a sprawling resort type hotel with indoor and outdoor pools and all of the fixings you’d expect from a 5-Star luxury hotel including a quality Tibetan Spa and Health center. The Yosemite also has an extensive housing compound right next door.

Located about an hour from Beijing proper, the Yosemite is located in the suburbs of Beijing, Shunyi, just off the 10th Ring Road. (right across the street from the International School of Beijing). There is a small Jenny Wang grocery store across the street and a decent café with full menu attached to the hotel. There are other stores etc. nearby but you’d need a taxi or a 20 to 30 minute walk to get to them. There is a subway stop but again, quite a hike or a taxi ride. The Int’l airport is about a 15-minute drive.

The low-rise hotel, there’s only 3 floors, is comfortable for guests.

My room was fantastic, spacious, private balcony & overall clean luxuries etc. but the bed was rock hard.

I am not talking futon hard. The carpet on the floor was softer than the bed. The bed is like a box spring without a mattress. I live in China and traveled through out Asia but the Yosemite beds are the hardest beds I’ve ever encountered. I called housekeeping and they kindly made grand efforts to soften the hardness but it was still hard. Argh! Just for that reason alone I would not return to the Yosemite Hotel. I did not east the hotel food.

The Jamaicablue Fine Coffees (an Australian chain) café attached the hotel is quite nice. With a full menu on offer it will help relieve the tediousness of hotel food and even better, it’s not Starbucks.

I hate Quiche one night (25 RMB) a bit soggy but it tasted okay and the next morning enjoyed Eggs Benedict w/ smoked salmon & spinach for breakfast (32 RMB). All of it was quite yummy. The 2 poached eggs were perfect, hot, and the hollandaise was silky delicious - not from a pre-mix. They could add a salad or some home fries for a complete breakfast but that deficit did not discount the food experience. The coffee was good (Latte L - 30RMB) not great but not bad either – fairly typical brew. They offer a full take-out/delivery menu. Prices are reasonable. Some staff spoke English.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo