Holiday Inn Central Plaza
Ranked #101 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 11 December 2007

Storm Li took the stress and worry out of visiting Beijing and getting us to our ship on time. He arranged our tours and train trip to Xingang where we joined our ship. We would have been lost without him. He went out of his way to help us and get the most for our money. Look him up even if you're not staying at the Holiday Inn. He'll gladly help you anyway he can.

2  Thank lilasp

Reviewed 1 December 2007

I have travelled to many places and have always tried to arrange a reliable pick up from whichever airport I go to. With this in mind I arranged to be picked up from Beijing Airport by Gray Line tours via their website at a cost of $69 for the pick up to the Holiday Inn and the return trip to the airport. The evening before my departure Gray Line rang me to conform the pick up time of 5.30am. I was waiting in the lobby at 5.20am when a Chinese gentleman approached and in his best English said "You man for Airport?" I asked if he was from Gray Line to which he said he was and the taxi was waiting. When I arrived at the airport he told me the fare was 160yuan and that he was not from Gray Line. I had very little option but to pay. He has obviously done this before as a 'friend' of his ushered me into the departure lounge while he stood in front of the licene plate to prevent me from getting the number. I expect to be confronted by touts and spivs at the airport but I find it totally unacceptable that somebody purporting to be a representative of a reputable company can walk into a hotel unchallenged and 'con' hotel guests. Needless to say I cannot claim the 'fare' back from Gray Line as they state that payment over the internet is non refundable. Apart from that I found the hotel to be everything already written on this site. The staff were excellent. The room, on the West Wing was comfortable and quiet and the food and the overall service were of a 5 star standard. Only two small gripes. The ATM in the hotel was not working for the week I was there and the bath tub is miniscule. However the shower is excellent. I would recommend the Gray Line tours ( with the proper guides ). I did their main three tours ie Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City, Summer Place, Temple of Heaven, Great Wall, Ming Tombs. Lama Temple and Beijing Zoo. All very good value for money. I was there for the last week in November which was the 'slack ' season. I dread to think what it must be like in the heat of the summer in the busy season.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank KeithfromPattaya
Reviewed 27 November 2007

We started our family trip to China in Beijing and were fortunate to have booked our stay at the Holiday Inn Central Plaza. The amenities were way above what we expected to have. The restaurant served both Chinese and Western food and the quality was wonderful. The hotel services were very good and, in particular, we greatly appreciated the assistance we received from Storm Li, the Concierge. Storm helped us plan and actually scheduled our tours in Beijing and he worked with the Business Center to arrange for our flight to Guilin, provided us with a contact and hotel arrangements in Guilin and also arranged our later flight from Nanning back to Beijing. Overall, the hotel services were a key to the wonderful experience we had in China.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank DaleMR
Reviewed 26 November 2007

Although this hotel is not central, the location really does not matter when you are visiting Beijing. The concierge makes it very convenient to take a cab anywhere you need to go. This hotel feels more like a five star than a Holiday Inn. The rooms and bathrooms are really clean and big. I will absolutely stay here the next time I am in Beijing.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank world_in_80
Reviewed 26 November 2007

MY stay at the Holiday inn central plaza was very good.The service is very good and the most important the breakfast at the hotels was very good.It realy felt like a 5 star but the location is not good.Little bit far from the city but worth it if u in a private tour with a private car.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with family