Holiday Inn Central Plaza
Jiaomei Hotel(Beijing)
Junyi Hotel(Beijing)
Dianpei Hotel(Beijing)
View Hotel
All reviewstravel china guidecurrency exchange machinebreakfast buffetmutianyu great wallexcellent hotelthe executive loungetour guidesummer palacetourist siteshong kongconcierge staffthe nearest subway stationenglish speaking stafftaxischinesetempleheaven
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 March 2012

The hotel is in a less crowded and commercial part of the 2nd ring. Basic amenities, old interior, and lifeless executive lounge. I was staying here only for the sake of convenience for work. If you are on a tight budget this might be satisfactory.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank sharonsoon
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed twice at the hotel on this trip to Beijing. Great service. Rooms are really nice. Food is awesome. Everyone is very good.

The best part of the hotel is Storm. He is a "10". If everyone was as good as him I would be out of business. It was like having a personal assistant at the hotel. He did everything for us. You must connect with Storm if you stay at the hotel. Everything is did was incredible every day. The first night I arrived he took me to a store at 12:30 AM to get a Sim card and phone number for my cell.

This is the hotel to stay at if you value great service. A modern hotel and great food. Very nice rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for Storm
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank johntschohl
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed here with friends for a short ( 5 day ) visit to Beijing. Excellent choice...only problem not really close to public transport, but with taxi's so cheap it really didn't matter. We upgraded to the club level when we arrived, after a good experience at the Sofitel Shanghai. All staff were so helpful and friendly, especially Alice, Sunny and Queeny. Highly recommended..

Room Tip: Club level>>>
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The best concierge service for tourists I have ever come across. We (my wife and I) visited Beijing for 2days/3 nights. We picked this hotel based on trip advisor reviews we read about the great guy at concierge called storm. A couple of days before arriving the hotel we contacted him and told him our schedule for Beijing and that we would like to explore the historical sites in Beijing and the great wall. Our flight got delayed by an hour and by the time we arrived at the hotel it was 5:30 (which was after his duty time). However he waited to welcome us. Which I thought was very nice. He then gave us these small cards which he had prepared with all the tourist spots and nightlife of Beijing. Those were most handy it carried a small brief on all the places including taxi fare and chinese names to show to taxi drivers. He set us a wonderful itinerary for the next couple of days, including a personal trip to a rather unknown section of the great wall away from all the tourist rush. His service was impeccable. He really made our trip.

Other than the concierge the rooms were good, neat clean, what you would normally expect from holiday inn. The rooms didn't have free internet, so would have to sit in the lobby or the coffee shop to use it. The breakfast was satisfactory, they had reasonable choice of local and western foods. We had pizza and pasta for dinner in the coffee shop one night and the food was quite bad.

The hotel location is not ideal. It is about 20 minutes / 25-40 RMB away from anything of social interest such as tourist spots, restaurants. shopping etc. Cabs in Beijing are quite notorious when it comes to overcharging, so beware especially on cold nights.

All in all I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting this hotel for the first time, or for tourists. For others I would suggest getting something at a better location.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Central Plaza a couple of weeks ago. The hotel was very comfortable with lovely food, especially the Zen restaurant, great breakfasts and very comfortable rooms. I was a lady travelling alone, unable to speak any Chinese, and had arranged the first few days sight seeing before I left Scotland. I need not have done so as Storm the concierge was absolutely fantastic. Storm looked after me, arranging wonderful trips to places where there were no tourists. He arranged the best trip of my holiday to a quiet part of the wall, then hospitality from lovely local people and local food. In the evenings he arranged for me to see Beijing opera, eat wonderful food and really experience Beijing.. His superb knowledge of the local area is invaluable. Before travelling to China I had had several anxieties, Storm solved them all for me, language, finding a vegetarian restaurant, trying to get me a battery charger, and even making my departure at the train station easy. He made everything run so smoothly and he made everything I wanted to do and see possible for me. He makes this hotel very special. I would certainly visit it again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo