“Excellent Hotel, good concierge service”

Holiday Inn Central Plaza
Ranked #102 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 3 September 2009

We stayed in this hotel for four nights. I was worried that we were too far away from the subway. We were about 40 minutes walk. At first we took a taxi to the subway. However the concierge Storm showed us where to get the 56 Bus to the Nanishiliu subway. A Taxi is about 10 yuan.Beijing is a large city and we usually had to travel by subway and Taxi to see the things we wanted to see. The hotel is in a quieter area than central Beijing. There is a resteraunt which does asian and western food. You can find it cheaper outside the hotel if you want. Breakfast had everything you could possibly want and was of a high standard. ATM in the hotel for spending money. Rooms are very comfortable.

The conciege Stom was excellent. He asked us where we wanted to go and wrote directions for us in Chinese. We managed to become quite good at negociating the underground system. We noted that Taxi drivers often did not know where the hotel was. They did not often understand when we gave the Hotel's own Map.

A particular highlight was when we went on a trip with Storm and another couple to part of the Great Wall. This part had no other tourists around. There was a chinese couple getting their wedding pictures taken. Nobody trying to sell you souvenirs or take your money off you. We also had lunch at a local farmers home which was delicious. we visited another locall farm on the way home and tasted his walnuts and pears. and had tea.

Storm also booked us on the overnight train to Shanghai and on the train to Quingdao.
Without his help we would have struggled. He also bought us metro cards to get around
the transport system.

1  Thank sadiecool99

Reviewed 21 August 2009

My wife and I booked a private tour and stayed at the Holiday Inn Central Plaza. I have no comment as to location since we were on a tour and had a driver pick us up in the morning. I did forget to bring my headphone/microphone to use with my Skype phone service. I went to the concierge and asked how I could buy one. He wrote a note to the taxi driver and gave me a paper to give to the salesperson a description of what I needed. I took the taxi to the electronics store, purchased the item, and returned within 30 minutes. I could not have done this on my own...traffic is horrendous and English is spoken by very few. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The bed was a bit harder than I am used to; however, with all the walking around during the day, I had no problem sleeping. The breakfast buffet was great! Without exception, the service staff was friendly, polite, and efficient. This was the first hotel I have stayed in that I actually hated to leave!

Reviewed 20 August 2009

We selected this hotel since it was rated one of the best hotel in Beijing.

From the moment you arrive at the hotel you will find the service to be of a very high standard and also especially because of the famous Storm and team..

Overall it was a lovely trip because of Storm help us to arranged our trip in beijing..it was very helpfull..
I would certainly highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed 17 August 2009

Storm is very helpful, and so are Eva (small & big), Rita & Maggie. Nothing was too much to ask any of the staff, really super staff at the central plaza. Jessica, thank you very much for such beautiful flowers in the room!
good hotel, not central however lots of taxis in front of the hotel. nice local shops around and they charge local prices; i.e wuyutai teashop. there is also a traditional teahouse not too far (about 15 minutes walk)

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2009

We are a family of four who stayed at the Holiday Inn for one week in August, 2009. I just had to write to say that the service from beginning to end was nothing short of exceptional. Yes, Storm, was a concierge extraordinaire - he advised us daily on our travel plans, accompanied us to restaurants to ensure that we were well looked after, and went out of his way to ensure that all of our needs were looked after. Roger, the manager, as well as Lily the food and beverage manager were unbelievably helpful in dealing with our son's allergies. Storm, Roger, Lily and the food and beverage team bent over backwards to accommodate him. One night that we went out for Peking Duck Storm called the restaurant to inform them of our son's dietary needs and even purchased some sauce for the duck himself that day because he knew that our son could not have the sauce at the restaurant. Storm brought my son some fresh eggs from the country as well! Storm also supplied us with subway/bus passes for the week and advised us how to get around - this was so helpful as the traffic in Beijing is terrible.

We can't say enough about the service. Beijing is a difficult city to navigate as little English is spoken. We were given a cell phone that was programmed to call the hotel if we needed any help throughout the day. The breakfast buffet was incredible and the rooms very well appointed. The swimming pool is not at all 'dinky' as was mentioned in a previous review. We all loved it and it's a great size for doing laps. Our boys loved the ping-pong table, too. When we left we felt like we were leaving friends. We highly recommend the Holiday Inn and would love to visit some time in the future again.

Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family