We stayed in this hotel for four nights. I was worried that we were too far away from the subway. We were about 40 minutes walk. At first we took a taxi to the subway. However the concierge Storm showed us where to get the 56 Bus to the Nanishiliu subway. A Taxi is about 10 yuan.Beijing is a large city and we usually had to travel by subway and Taxi to see the things we wanted to see. The hotel is in a quieter area than central Beijing. There is a resteraunt which does asian and western food. You can find it cheaper outside the hotel if you want. Breakfast had everything you could possibly want and was of a high standard. ATM in the hotel for spending money. Rooms are very comfortable.
The conciege Stom was excellent. He asked us where we wanted to go and wrote directions for us in Chinese. We managed to become quite good at negociating the underground system. We noted that Taxi drivers often did not know where the hotel was. They did not often understand when we gave the Hotel's own Map.
A particular highlight was when we went on a trip with Storm and another couple to part of the Great Wall. This part had no other tourists around. There was a chinese couple getting their wedding pictures taken. Nobody trying to sell you souvenirs or take your money off you. We also had lunch at a local farmers home which was delicious. we visited another locall farm on the way home and tasted his walnuts and pears. and had tea.
Storm also booked us on the overnight train to Shanghai and on the train to Quingdao.
Without his help we would have struggled. He also bought us metro cards to get around
the transport system.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing, an Award-Winning hotel, is conveniently located in Guanganmen commercial and civic area, adjacent to the new Municipal Government Office Building and is within a stone's throw from Beijing's Financial Street. The hotel is close to tourist and shopping attractions such as Wangfujing, Oriental Plaza and the Forbidden City. It is 10 minutes drive from the West and South Train Station and 45 minutes from the Capital Airport.The hotel has 322 contemporary guest rooms, including suites and two floors of Executive Club rooms, all equipped with wired and wireless broadband internet, speaker telephone and multi-language voice mail. With a 640 square meter, pillar-free ballroom and 8 other function rooms ranging from 35 to 176 square meters, the hotel is an ideal venue for business meetings and social functions alike. All the meeting rooms are equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual facilities, built-in work station, wireless broadband connection and video conference facilities. The hotel's professional meeting team will ensure every event a success.The hotel also provides other facilities like business center ticketing and tour desk, kiosk, car rental, concierge taxi and limousine service, baby sitting service, karaoke as well as a Mini Golf Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Central Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Hotel Beijing
- Holiday Inn Beijing
- Beijing Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Central Plaza Beijing