This is my second time going to this location of the Great Wall this year. My friend and I were luck to experience a blue sky day and no crowds!
1. Get a chair lift up and down the Great Wall instead of walking it unless you’re up for a challenge. Personally, this time my friend and I walked down, but this could be difficult with with young children or anyone that may need more support with hiking on uneven areas.
2. Wear good walking/hiking shoes.
3. Some steps are quite uneven. Take your time, be respectful, and don’t rush people in front of you.
4. Bargain for any drinks, snacks, or souvenirs.
5. Wear a hat/bring a parasol.
6. Be aware of weather and air pollution conditions.
7. Drink plenty of water. It will be hot, so a tip is to put a water bottle in the freezer before coming to the Wall. Put that bottle in a cooler type compressible bag to make it last longer. You can also buy water going up, but the cold temperature doesn’t last long if it’s only in the fridge from the vendor.
8. Bring earbuds if you’re hiking for exercise. Some people you may run into may not be your cup of tees with how loud they are.
9. Bring paper for toilet use- just in case the facilities runs out of them!
10. My friend and I actually walked back down instead of taking the lift which was our original plan, and we learned we can refund a portion of our tickets. Try that if you’d like a refund for unused portions tickets.
11. Take your time and enjoy it, especially in a day like I got to experience!!
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.