The Ritz-Carlton Beijing, Financial Street
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$225
US$94
US$92
US$354
1,224 results
All reviewscepeviking cruiseladies and gentlementhe club loungethe general managerduty managerbusiness hotelspecial thankswould highly recommend this hotelbreakfast buffetthree nightswonderful hotelchinese restaurantlobby barbusiness districtshopping mallluxury hotel
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Fantastic place. Being a cigar fan, wherever I'm in the world I always look for a place to smoke a cigar in a nice environment - doesn't have to be a 5* but nice and classy. Cigar smoking is a new thing in China so any cigar store/lounge/bar is going to be a classy establishment where prices are high, same thing with Davidoff Lounge in Ritz Carlton - cocktails are fabulous, great selection of whisky's and rums but all come at western prices, and the wine list is meant to impress. Cigar prices are comparable to England - very high, ie. Montecristo Edmundo - expect to pay around 23 $/stick - opposed to 12-13$ in Germany or Spain. The lounge is kind of divided into 4 different parts - modern Zino Platinum, classy Winston etc. Expect to see a really exclusive clientele who are not afraid to swipe their credit cards and pay the top prices for the exclusive cocktails or wine from the best Chateau's in France. I enjoyed the place a lot not only because of the drinks or excellent service but also to be able to observe people from different parts of Asia and the world and their behavioral habits. The lounge is also equipped with microphones and touch-screens, proving that karaoke is entertainment suitable even for the Chinese rich and beautiful. Personally I don't care much for karaoke but I had a fabulous time watching others having time of their life singing to Elvis Presley or Madonna songs in pigeon English. Visited the lounge couple of times during my stay in Beijing and hope to come back again sometime in the future. Recommended

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My husband and I stayed here as part of our river cruise tour. We were thrilled to have 2 sinks in the bathroom and a tub separate from the shower. Very secure as a key card is required to activate the elevator. We enjoyed the walk to the subway and there is a less-expensive shopping mall, and a grocery, near the subway entrance. Bottled water is provided in the room and we took that along on our walks. Breakfast was nice with Western choices as well as egg/omelet station. Chocolate croissants tasted like the ones in France! Free WiFi in the lobby with a fast connection. We found several restaurants across the street from the backside of the hotel. A park is also behind the hotel and one can join in Tai Chi in the early morning. Only negative is not within easy walking distance to tourist sites.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank swanny32
Reviewed 23 June 2012

I was skeptical of this hotel after reading some of the other reviews but I found it to be wonderful. I was there for 3 nights in June 2012. I stayed in a regular room with 2 double beds. The bathroom was terrific, having two sinks and a separate toilet and shower area. There was self-serve instant coffee and tea in the room and room service would bring complementary coffee or tea about 10 minutes after a wake-up call. The food in the restaurant was terrific. All staff was pleasant and friendly. All staff spoke excellent English. There is a terrific lobby and bar area to relax at any time. Wifi is free in the lobby area. The pool, spa and exercise area are fabulous. You can relax at the pool and then shower and get ready in the spa area, all free of charge. There is a lady working the spa area who helps you. You can easily get a taxi from the hotel to take you to the tourist areas with an average cost of about 20 RMB ($3-4 USD). The only reason I gave this a 4/5 is because there is no gift shop in the hotel if you need something and also because we had trouble getting taxis to bring us back to the hotel. Many taxi drivers claimed they didn't know where the hotel was located even after we showed them a card with the address and a map of the hotel. That was very frustrating but not the fault of the hotel. I would happily stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank teachlaw1
Reviewed 22 June 2012

My family stayed there for 3 nights mid June. We had stayed in many Ritz Carlton hotels before but this one stands out ! Excellent hotel with extra staff attentiveness and excellent service. My 6 year old daughter describes it best - its not a 5 star hotel, ..........its 7 stars !!

We totally enjoyed ourselves in Beijing and the high light was the hotel stay. Club lounge service also fantastic. Special thanks to Josephine, the executive assistant whose attentiveness to my family's needs made our stay truly comfortable and pleasant. We will be back for certain.

regards
Vic

Room Tip: ask for the comfortable slippers !
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This is a lovely 5 star hotel but it is located in the centre of the new Beijing financial district. You need to take a taxi or go to the Fuxingham subway station (20 minute walk) in order to get to the tourist spots. The financial district is only 7 years old so it's full of very modern high rise buildings but there is very limited shopping nearby. This hotel is joined to the back of a high-end shopping mall which is deserted due to the very high prices.

We stayed there due to our Viking River Cruise tour (they all stay there or the Westin around the corner) but not sure I'd choose it again. It's only a $5AUD taxi from the Forbidden City but it's lack of any reasonably priced shops or markets nearby should convince you to look elsewhere.

The breakfast was very ordinary with most dishes on display tepid.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple