Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I would recommend Hotel Benito because of it's location. It's very near TST B2 exit so you will not have a problem riding the MTR. It's also near the A21 13th stop from the airport. Service is good, they even allow us to check-in early which is important because we are travelling with an infant. Rooms are small but it should still be ok. They have a free lounge for guests where you could drink coffee and use the provided laptops.

Room tip: Ask for rooms with windows so you could have the street view
3  Thank frequenzy
Reviewed 19 January 2013

This hotel is about one minute from Tsim Tsa Tsui underground MTR station exit B2, so it is very conveniently located for shopping and restaurants.

Reception was fairly quick. My room was on the top (8th floor) and whiloe one of the closest to the single yet efficient lift, there was no noise.

The roomn had fake light coloured 'wood' as the floor covering. There was no sound from the street, but at night when the aircon was off, the noise of water going continually into a rooftop tank or similar could be heard and was quite intrusive. Perhaps a room on the 7th floor wouild be better.

The room had a safe and a fridge, but no minibar items. There was complimentary tea and coffee along with 'cream' which I cannot stand.

The bathroom had a shower over bath makjing it unsuitable for the disabled. Water pressure was good and hot water quick to flow. Lighting in the bathroom was adequate. Shampoo and conditioner were in large bottles attached to the shower tiles.

The bed was comfortable enough.

At HK$1150 through www.asiatravel.com , this was not cheap by say Australian standards but for Hong Kong it is a reasonable price.

If not for the water filling noise I wouild have given this hotel a '4'.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Victorianlad
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We decided to stay at benito hotel because it's superb location, less than a minute to B2 MTR station exit/entrance, lots of restaurants, minutes walk to harbour city and star ferry.

and was happily surprised that the room itself was clean and comfortable even if it's a not a big room. there's wi-fi inside the rooms, and water heater/thermoss. the view we got was nice too.

and lastly the front office staff was helpfull. i'll be going back!

Room tip: ask for rooms that overlook the street
2  Thank Dini M
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We booked this hotel because of a recommendation from the Hong Kong forum. We were looking for a reasonably priced (based on the hotel rates in TST area) hotel in TST for our family of 5. We were able to book a family room with 2 queen beds. We wanted to book the bigger family room (2 queen beds and 1 twin bed) but it was unavailable when we booked. We got in touch with the hotel directly via email. They always responded promptly and everything was in order when we checked in.

From the airport, we took the A21 bus to TST. Get down on the 13th stop: “Cameron Road, Tsim Sha Tsui” as shown on the digital screen inside the bus. The stop is right across a mosque. Fronting the mosque, walk to the left and take a left again on the first corner. Walk a few steps and turn left again in the first corner (when you see a City Chain Watch Store). Hotel will be right beside City Chain.

Check in was quick. We arrived before standard check in time but our room was ready. The hotel is a no-frills hotel. Size was just ok. Two queen beds with just enough space to move around. There was a long working desk and a small dressing table. The room had a small closet, an in room safe, hairdryer, mini ref, complimentary coffee and tea packs with electronic kettle, 4 slippers, and bathroom kits (shaving kit, buds and balls, toothbrushes, comb, shower cap). The bathroom, unlike most small no-frills hotel, was not as tiny as an aircraft comfort room. Shampoo and body wash were provided for in dispensers. 4 bottles of water were replenished everyday. We were welcomed with a bowl of fruits. Booking directly with the hotel gave us free access to their lounge. The lounge had free juice, coffee, tea and hot chocolate and some light snacks / cookies. There was a hot/cold water dispenser there as well. Four laptop computers and a large flat screen TV are available for guests to use. The lounge is located on the same level with the family rooms (1st floor) so it was like an extension living room of our room. The boys would go and use the laptops or watch TV there when they were not interested in what we were watching. Hubby and I would usually wake up earlier than the kids and we would go there to watch TV or do some research on our daily itinerary so as not to bother the kids. During our entire stay, we were the only guests using the lounge. Either no one knew about it or did not care about the service but we found the lounge to be a big plus for our stay. Free wifi internet access was provided. According to my boys who rate hotels based on the speed of internet access, the connection was good and fast enough. Four pillows were provided per queen bed. We never heard a single sound during our entire stay at night. We all slept very well.

If there is any reason that would make us book here again in the future, it would be because of its location. Location is great because of its access to the buses and the MTR station. It is just a few steps away from the TST MTR station. Area is GREAT for shopping. There are a lot of food choices nearby. Purpose of our trip was to take the kids to the parks and do shopping in between. We arrived early on our first day so we took a 15-20 minute walk to Toys R Us in Ocean Terminal and did some toy shopping there. To get to Disneyland the next day, we took the MTR (take red line to Lai King, change to orange line to Sunny bay then from Sunny bay change again to get on the Disneyland line). We did Ocean Park on our 3rd day and we took the MTR to Admiralty to catch the bus to OP (head towards Lippo Center exit and find the 629 bus to Ocean Park). Our last day was supposed to be dedicated for shopping but since the malls do not open until 11 am, we decided to check out the Hong Kong Science Museum which opened at 10AM. We had breakfast at the Charlie Brown Cafe which was en route to the museum. From the hotel, take a left at the corner and walk straight down Cameron Road. Charlie Brown Cafe will be on your right towards the end Cameron Road. To get to the HK Science Museum from Charlie Brown Cafe, take a left to Chatham road and walk up the foot bridge to cross Chatham road. Follow the signs to the museum. The kids enjoyed the museum as much as they enjoyed the parks. The museum was entertaining and informative at the same time. The top level of the museum is a discovery and play area for young children. We went on a Saturday and there were only a handful of people. I guess everyone else is in Disneyland or Ocean Park.

To take the A21 bus back to the airport, cross Nathan road and take a left to look for the A21 bus stop.

Other tips:
Malls aside from Ocean Terminal that we enjoyed are Miramar Shopping Mall (from Cameron Road, head towards Nathan Road. Take a right along Nathan Road and walk straight) and Silvercord Shopping Center (across Harbour City - south end; towards Marco Polo Hong Kong).

Don’t miss Din Tai Fung in Silvercord Shopping Center for those tasty pork dumplings! The basement of Silvercord also has a food court with a lot of choices.

For electronics, check out Suntek along Hankow Road. We have been their customers for decades now (my sons are their third generation customers already) and they always give us the best prices (Look for Allan). Do make a price comparison first or make sure you have an idea of the price and the product you are looking for already. It’s a good idea to read the warning about buying electronics along Nathan Road in the HK travel forum in TA.

For stylish, practical, reasonably priced stylish leather bags, check out Rabeanco also along Hankow Road. Their bags and wallets are all made of lambskin or cowhide.

There are a number of money changers in the area. Do a canvass first before exchanging and ask for a better rate if you are exchanging large amounts.

Date of stay: December 2012
10  Thank ditz_8
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Stayed with my wife and 2 kids in Family room with 2 queen size bed. Room size rather reasonable compare to other boutique hotel probably (based on photos). However, the room rate is on the high side slightly for Malaysian Ringgit conversion.
At first, during our hotel selection process, my wife and I didn’t want to stay at this hotel due to its name as it sounds ‘cheap’. Normally, in Malaysia hotel with such names normally associated with very low budget hotel. Hotels that is most suitable for backpackers and not family travelers. But due to the reviews submitted by Tripadvisor travelers we decided to give it a try.
So, I would like to thank the other reviewers for their honest review that leads us in making the right decision. Therefore, I told myself that I will do the same post my holiday re my experience to help other travelers whom planning to travel to Hong Kong and thinking of staying at this hotel.
Our holiday starts with Disneyland and we stayed at Disneyland Hollywood hotel before checking into Hotel Benito. We didn’t take the taxi or shuttle service as we wanted to save money and also to experience the journey ourselves. It wasn’t that difficult to get to the hotel from Disneyland and it’s much cost effective to do so. The challenges that we went through: -
1. You do need to change trains 3 times before you reach the MRT exit near the hotel.
2. It gets crowded as you get closer to TST. We didn’t get a single seat at all throughout our journey
3. It takes between 45min to 1 hour to reach TST exit. May not be time saving if you have limited time
4. When you reach the TST MTR station, you need to do a bit of walking to get to the right exit. Can be a bit tiring for little one
5. The MRT entry/exit gate may not be luggage friendly as you need to roll your luggage below the gate to pass thru
6. Finally, you need to take the staircase up to Cameron Road. So may not be easy for traveler with big luggage or baby stroller
Once you emerge from the exit, you will see the hotel about 100m in front of you. Behind you, across the main street (Nanthan Road) is the Kowloon Mosque.
We choose this hotel due to its location and the good review from other through Tripadvisor.
What so great about the hotel location?
- Easy to travel from any part of Hong Kong as there are nearby stops for MRT, bus, shuttle and taxi of course
- A lot of eating places for non Muslim (fast food as well). As for Muslim, not a problem as well. Walk down towards the harbour along Nanthan Road, you will find Chungkin Mansion where a lot of Pakistan and Middles East halal food available. You will not see it from the entrance or ground floor as most is situated on the 2nd floor
- Its near the mosque so easy for Muslim to perform their prayer and also to ask for halal eating places
- A lot of shopping area within the 100km radius of the hotel
- MRT station exit and entry point also lead you to MRT to Mongkong (Ladies Market) and Temple Street Market. Due to the exit point being near to the hotel, it gives you the comfort in travelling with children even at midnight
- 10 - 15mins walking distance to Ferry station, Symphony of lights, Avenue of Stars and major shopping mall with high-end brands.
- Bus to Stanley Market and Ocean Park is also 10 mins walk from the hotel
The Hotel
• Look nice and new from outside
• Lobby area not so big but sufficiently sized for about 10 visitors at one time
• Lobby is simple and modern looking
• Premise is clean well maintain
Hotel Staff
• Pleasant looking
• Counter staff very helpful as they always attend to you immediately as you approach the counter. One of the staff even helps me by walking to my taxi outside the hotel to inform him my destination in Mandarin to ensure that the driver doesn’t mistakenly take me elsewhere. He even suggested that I should carry my small bags with me in the passenger seat to avoid additional charges if I put them at the back of the taxi
• Knowledgeable and resourceful. They will direct you to your destination and point it out on your map and will give one if you don’t have any. In fact, they will call to find out if they are not sure themselves. They are able to provide suggestion on alternative road or mode of transportation based on your budget and situation – transport to airport from hotel, either Taxi, shuttle or MRT or airport train
• They converse good English
• Straight forward and no nonsense, i.e. over chatty and over friendly
The Room
• Reasonable size room with simple décor
• Utility table available with 1 chair provided plus 1 set of working table ner the TV
• Free wifi
• Complimentary water bottle given (1 bottle for each guest) and replenish daily
• Welcome fruits
• Coffee and tea making facilities provided and supplies is replenish daily
• Room is clean daily with toiletries added/replaced daily as well.
• Bathroom is clean and large enough for usage of 2 people at one time
• Bath area and toilet is separated by a glass panel
• There wasn’t any view as our room is facing the back looking at a new building under construction
• Bed and linen – no complaint

The only thing that I want to highlight is that they clean my room even when I hang the ‘do not disturb’ sign on the outside of my door knob after I left the room for sightseeing. I know for sure that they walk in as the sign wasn’t there when I return and the room has been cleaned with new water bottles provided. Not sure if this is a normal thing that happen to other rooms.
To be fair, it’s probably just a mistake or the sign may have drop when they did their rounds. Further, there wasn’t anything missing and our luggage and personal belongings was left untouched.

Room tip: As for a room with street view
Date of stay: November 2012