Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 May 2012

This place would have to be one of the worse experiences that you could ever explain. The room we received was not even in this hotel, but some other hotel. The room was that small you did not even have room to walk between the bed and the bathroom. The paint was coming off the walls and the bathroom smelt of mold and we had to buy airfreshiners. They did not even provide you with towel and we had to ask for them. The beds were not clean. Don't use this hotel as it was that bad and the people do not speak english so you wont get an answer out of them.

Room tip: Don't even use this hotel.
Date of stay: May 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank JorjaKF
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We (myself and my wife) stayed at Embassy for 5 nights. Actually, there's a hostel, 1 star, no more. They have 3 premises: the main is at Nathan Road. There's the reception, but there are no signs to get there. Take Jordan metro station exits A or B. In the building at 240-252 Nathan Road go to the first arch and take the first turn to the right. Go to the 3rd floor on the elevator. There you will see the sign "Embassy". ONLY THERE!!! But remember that nobody there speaks English, even at the reception!!!!

Pros:
- Great central location in steps from Jordan metro station, also you are at Jordan and Nathan!!!;
- You get en-suite room.
- We paid 45 USD/night for the both.

Cons:
- The staff at the reception didn't speak English at all;
- No maps and other materials;
- The staff seemed to look like the homeless Chinese people who worked for the place to sleep only;
- The room was about 6 sq meters, no place for even a bag. But rooms are different. From 6 to 10 sq meters, depending on the address ));
- Terrible noise from neighbors. It looks like that they have no walls. You even hear the steps!!! The water switching on is terrible - too noisy!!!;
- Nobody cleans your room during your stay. Your garbage will be there!;
- You will have to pay in cash only when you arrive. Also they will ask to give them a refundable deposit 100 HKD in cash for the room key. When I booked a room, I gave my credit card details. After checking in the receptionist forgot to ask money in cash. After 10 mins, when I was in the bathroom, she went to our room and started to cry in Chinese showing the pics of the police that she would call them because I... didn't want to pay... It's crazy!! It was too crazy that I had to go with her to the nearest ATM being in water from the bath and gave the money in cash to her!

Advice:
They have 3 premises: at Nathan Road with reception, opposite - at Jordan (6th floor - there's 7/11 store, a couple of cheap Chinese restaurants and Jordan metro exit B there) and at Mong Kok. The best is at Jordan 6th floor!!! All the rooms at Embassy are "thematic". At Jordan we stayed at "Carribean". It was better than "USA" at Nathan.

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank sergeika30
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Firstly, let's start with the good points. Remember that this hotel is extremely cheap by HK standards. It's location in Kowloon is extremely convenient - within walking distance of the Ladies Market and Temple Night Markets. And a longer, but manageable walk down to the Star Ferry and Tsim Tsa Tsui. It is right by Jordan MTR Station,and the A21 Airport Bus drops you off within a block of the hotel on Nathan Road. The room also has an ensuite bathroom, TV and air con. The bad part - the rooms are about 40 square feet in size; the bathroom (at least it's an ensuite) is minuscule. There is a very small window, but it cannot be opened, so in effect, it is a windowless room. There was supposed to be free wireless internet, but it was not working when I was there. They are obviously successful, as they have expanded to another building, so I had to check-in in the original building, and stayed in another building across the street. It was a hassle to lug my luggage back and forth to complete the check-in and check-out process. They require a HK$100 deposit for the key as well. At the end of the day, it beats a hostel dorm, and is acceptable if you are really on a tight budget.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank Therichpeasant
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The second floor apartment type hotel has the smallest room I've ever seen. I have to jumped into the bed after we opened the door ,and put our suitcases in between two beds. Terrible toilet, very dirty shower curtain to divide the toilet and shower part. Flooded after shower due to drainage failure...
Hotel staff didn't speak much English. Good location to Nathan Road, MTR subway, shopping, restaurants and the Night Market.

Room tip: We stayed at the Theme Room - USA , Very bad taste for the decorations. Washroom and shower facilities are terrible.
Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank KITCHENLOVER
Reviewed 20 November 2011

Recently I was in Hong Kong and I booked a room in this hotel. The surrounding area is the crossway between Nathan Road and Jordan Street. It doesn't look so bad, but I've had more than a warning of pickpockets. The hotel itself is not an hotel at all. The "thing" is made of two apartments in two different very bad looking buildings. To get in the first one, you've to enter the first building, get into a passageway with guards and hope that that tiny door on the opposite side will be shut. Otherwise a terrible smell of pee will overcome you. Then you can chose your path to go to the third floor where is the "hotel". The first is the duct-tape fixed elevator, while the second is the garbage packed staircase. If you walk quietly up the second way, you might notice some small rat. What a cute... Now about the hotel. The guys working there speak no English, and they get quite fast pissed off when they discover that you don't speak Chinese and they not English. The rooms are small and they go from the not-so-clean ones, to the mould-forest ones. It's up to your luck. The ventilation is provided some those small fans in the windows that pull the polluted air straight on your bed while you sleep. As for me, when I've seen the place, I checked out as fast as I checked in.

Room tip: Don't take a room in this place!
Date of stay: November 2011